Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

TNC - ANNAPURNA, CHITWAN AND EVEREST , DEPARTING 9th OCTOBER 2010

Anonymous
Mon, 05/10/2010 - 19:20

Hi, anyone else booked for this trip?

I was supposed to travel on 17th April but the volcanic ash cloud put a stop to that, so I've rebooked for this date 

Anonymous
Thu, 08/12/2010 - 18:54

Hey Sis,

Baggage that is, not you!! 8o)

Thanks for the notes. I am so ready for this trip and hope that will be well with you this time and no Volcanoes get in the way!! I know what you mean about the 12KG but apparently that is just the bag so as I understand you wear as much as you can and pack the rest!!

I'll let you know if I can by sending you a Text - I have a different Phone number so will send that to you on FB.

Can't believe we will be there at the same time and not see each other 8o(

See you soon,

x x x

Anonymous
Mon, 08/23/2010 - 18:36

Hi.  I was checking this compass cafe forum, and the people going on the trip at the end of October seem to be more chatty than this group.  Lets change all that! 

So, here goes, I'm Elaine, and I will be on my ownsome on the trip, so hopefully someone will see me looking lonely in Heathrow Airport and come and chat.  I've been with Exodus once before, I went to Peru and had an amazing time, so I hope that this Nepal trip is just as good.

Poor you with the ash cloud, fingers crossed that this time all will be well.

e

Anonymous
Mon, 08/23/2010 - 20:58

Hello Elaine! So happy to hear from someone :)

I'm Louise & will also be travelling alone. Just look out for the girl with eyes in the palms of her hands + a grin on her face at the airport. Wel,l I've just had 7 weeks of not being able to excercise, apart from a little yoga, after a little op on my toes, but they have finally healed now. I was previously super fit & just did my first little walk in a while yesterday. So 7 weeks & counting to get my fitness levels back up to scratch.

I even had to be all packed & ready to go on the day in April.  Hopefully I'll get beyond the front door this time & even up a mountain! Fingers crossed... but not toes!

Anonymous
Sat, 08/28/2010 - 19:23

Hi Louise.

I need to try and upleaod a wee photo, although last time I tried, it kept on being sideways, or too big to use, so it may just have to be a sideways photo.  So you'll be the one with hands over your eyes, and I'll be the one lying on my side.

I've hardly been out walking this summer at all.  Last year there were 3 of us who went walking, which meant if one couldn't make it, the others could still go.  But now one of the the girls has moved to the US, so its been difficult to get free weekends to go walking.  I've been running though, and netball training has started back.  I also went to my first circuit class on Thursday, I am still sore!  SO hopefully I'll be ok for the walking.  Hopefully your toes will be even better than before and you'll be skipping up those mountains! 

e

Anonymous
Tue, 09/07/2010 - 07:53

What, no GHD's in the himalayas. I want a refund! ;)

I joined a local hiking group online recently, they meet up for a good 10 mile hike every couple of weeks, they're a good bunch. Maybe worth checking if there are any walking groups local to you (I'm from Leeds btw). Sounds like you're already doing lots to get fit though.

It's just us two then by the looks of things, ha 

Anonymous
Sat, 09/11/2010 - 18:43

One month to go!!  Yipeeeeee.

I'm pretty much sorted, just need to get some money.  There was a posting on the other Annapurna chat room about needing the swine flu jab to get into Nepal.  Do you know anything about that?  I have not heard anything like that, but I have not investigated it.  So I'll have a wee look online and ask the docs on Tuesday when I get my Hep A booster, then let ya know what I find out.

Anonymous
Mon, 09/20/2010 - 23:21

two & a half weeks to go (& still only us two, on here anyhow)!!!!

No, not heard anything about the swineflu jab thing, but I had all my jabs sorted by March, so unless they've changed it since then?  x

Anonymous
Sat, 09/25/2010 - 10:08

2 weeks, yipeee!! The nasty nurse at the clinic who gave me my hep A injection, had no clue about swine flu. So I presume all will be ok.

Have you seen the Tiger thing on the telly, about looking for Tigers in the Himalayas in Bhutan? I'm half way through the third episode, and loving the panoramic shots of the mountains, cant wait to go!! ALthough, one of the guys was being attacked by leeches while walking through the forest!! The leeches actually are attracted to body heat, and even although you might not touch the actual leaf, they can stretch out from the leaves and attach onto legs and things!!! YUCK!!

xe

Anonymous
Sat, 09/25/2010 - 10:36

Hey Sis,

Well I fly tomorrow night and should be in Kathmandu sometime on Monday and then we fly upto Lukla on Wednesday. If I get chance (or if my phone works) I will text you and let you know how things are.

If you want to know how many people are on your trip just ring Exodus and they will give you an idea - On mine I know there are 17 of us, 9 Girls and 8 Boys with age range of Mid 20's to early 60's - So at least I have a rough idea.

Hope you and Elaine have a Fab time

Take care & Lots of Love

x x x

Anonymous
Tue, 09/28/2010 - 20:04

Hi. Found out that there are just 8 of us on this trip. One couple and 6 single travellers. 2 males and 6 females. Ages 18-60. Also, that its best to take cash, not travellers cheques as they are not popular in Nepal. Annoyingly I have just been and got a load of travellers cheques, so I'm going to have to cash them in or return them if I can.

I hope your bro has an amazing time!

xe

Anonymous
Mon, 10/04/2010 - 08:50

Hi Louise, not long now! My mobile is 07983546423, if you drop me a wee text then we can meet up in Heathrow before the flight. See ya Staurday
xe

Anonymous
Thu, 10/07/2010 - 13:05

Hey, sorry, i've not logged on for a little while. Good job I did as I have a load of travelers checks, but that's what Exodus seemed to reccomend in all the info. It's going to be a last minute thing to change them, maybe I can do it at the airport.
I'll drop you a text with my no x x

You recently looked at