Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Thai Indo China Tour departing UK Jan 22nd 2011

Mon, 08/23/2010 - 18:31

Hi,

My husband, Doug, myself and our friend Gill have booked for this trip, it would be fair to say that we are "recyled teenagers", amd would love to hear from others who have booked.

Anonymous
Thu, 11/18/2010 - 10:58

Hi Marcelle - your post may have gone unanswered for some time but you will not be alone on this trip! Elaine and I have booked following a recommendation by my brother who did the same trip about 4 years ago.

We are on something of a 'gap year' so may have a slightly 'youthful' outlook too - but may just be kidding ourselves...! Anyway, the far east is new to us but we have done one or two of this kind of trip before so have high hopes of some good fun and some fascinating sights and sounds.

Look forward to meeting you. 

Fri, 11/19/2010 - 17:29

Hi Adrian and Elaine,

At last, a reply, I was so pleased to hear from you!! This trip does sound amazing, and we are all so looking forward to it! Gill thinks that there are 14 of us.

I feel sure that we will all have a fantastic time,

Yours, Marcie

Anonymous
Mon, 11/22/2010 - 15:39

Hi there to you all

I have recently booked on this trip and am looking forward to it greatly, especially now the weather is getting colder here. They told me there are 14 of us, and I was the last to book. I notice that Adrian and Elaine live near me, I am near Newbury.

cheers, Sue

Tue, 11/23/2010 - 10:47

Hi Sue,

Thanks for mail Doug and I live in Somerset, our friend Gill lives in Cheltenham. Gill has asked to share a room with another lady, is it you?  Unfortnately Exodus aren't allowed to give details which seems data protection gone mad again! Gill has just spoken to the office this am and has been told that there are now 17 of us.

Anonymous
Tue, 11/23/2010 - 16:59

I am certainly sharing with a lady, I think they said in her mid-sixties (same as me). Sue 

Anonymous
Tue, 11/23/2010 - 17:37

Marcie waits for months for a response - and suddenly it's all go! Sue - what a small world - we were in Camps on Saturday - did we we see you there, perhaps?! We actually live just outside Pangbourne.

I went to the Vietnamese embassy the other afternoon to deliver Visa application forms - and discovered they are only open in the morning... I will try again next week. We plan to get the other Visas 'on tour'. We are also looking to work out vaccinations etc. Has anyone found a cheap Malarone supplier? (we heard a rumour it could be Tesco??)

Adrian 

Tue, 11/23/2010 - 19:15

Hi, well Sue it looks as if you and Gill could be put together, she's terrific, so easy going and great sense of humour! She will probably get on the forum herself, but is having her lounge redecorated and her computer is stashed safely away.

Re Malarone, sorry can't help there.

Marcie

Anonymous
Fri, 11/26/2010 - 21:54

I think you have 2 more on this trip.My other half and I managed to get the last places.We're 2 reasonably well travelled 60 somethings from Wimbledon.

it sounds like a fantastic trip.

Re anti malarials are most of you going to take Malarone?

And thanks for the tip about Vietnam Emb ie mornings only.

Looking forward to meeting you all

Cathy and Tony

Anonymous
Thu, 12/09/2010 - 14:54

We've just got our visas from Vietnam emb.It csots £44 and take s 5 working days.High st Ken is neasrest tube.

Tony and Cathy

Anonymous
Thu, 12/09/2010 - 17:10

Hi everyone

We went on this trip last January. It was great. Loved Loas the best. I'm sure you will all have a wonderful time.

Jenny

Anonymous
Tue, 12/28/2010 - 09:39

Hi Everyone,

Two more for the trip.  Looking forward to another Exodus experience - never had a disappointing one!

Gerald and Jackie

Hi, great to hear from you all. Jenny, do you have any tips for this trip that you would like to share?  Lovely to have contact with Gerald and Jackie, and to note that it is not your 1st exodus experience. we are all getting excited now!!

Happy New Year to all,

Doug, Marcie and Gill.xx 

Anonymous
Sat, 01/08/2011 - 17:06

Hi everyone,

Looking forward to meeting you all!  I am your room-mate Sue!  Marcie, Doug and I have been discussing the best way to take our money - we have decided to put some on one an ICE (recommended by Exodus) money card.  Marcie has found out the names of all the hotels we are staying in and we have looked at their websites.  Apart from one, they looked much better than I had expected - in fact I'm now thinking I'm going to be "under-dressed"!  We watched some videos (on YouTube) of the Reunification Express - that is certainly going to be an experience!!  Happy packing!

Gill

Anonymous
Tue, 01/11/2011 - 15:50

Hi Folks - and Happy New Year

Following my earlier question about the above I thought others might just like to know that my (not necessarily exhaustive) research has concluded that Superdrug are cheapest - at 2.10 a tablet. Our advice has been that we need 14 tablets each to cope with the malaria element of the trip. (£5 says the guide will tell us it is not necessary!)

We are not on the group flight (but arrive within an hour or so of the Malaysian flight) so perhaps we will meet you by the pool of what looks like an unexpectedly grand hotel!

Happy (light?!) packing...

Adrian & Elaine 

Anonymous
Tue, 01/11/2011 - 17:27

Hi everyone AGAIN - I joined 8th Jan and re-joined today with a different user name!

Looking forward to meeting you all!  I am your room-mate Sue!  Marcie, Doug and I have been discussing the best way to take our money - we have decided to put some on an ICE (recommended by Exodus) money card.  Marcie has found out the names of all the hotels we are staying in and we have looked at their websites.  Apart from one, they look much better than I had expected - in fact I'm now thinking I'm going to be "underdressed"!  We watched some videos (on YouTube) of the Reunification Express - that is certainly going to be an experience!!  Happy packing!

Gill

You recently looked at