Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Land of the Tiger - 9th March 2013

Anonymous
Sun, 05/13/2012 - 12:35

With our trip now booked and confirmed we can now look forward to this, our first visit to India, particularly as this trip concentrates very much on the country's wildlife. So fingers are crossed that we can get close to some tigers, and all the other animals, birds ... and reptiles!! With just under ten months to go, we would love to hear from any of our fellow travellers.   Nancy and Bill.

Thu, 10/25/2012 - 16:23

Hello Nancy and Bill,

I've just had a reminder from Exodus to look for messages about this trip. I'm glad I checked !! 

The flight from Heathrow leaves on Friday 8th March. You have noted a departure date of Sat 9th March. Does that mean you are meeting up with the group in India. I only mention this because I now have all the flight numbers and departure/arrival times for the flights to and from India. I could let you have them if you like. Exodus have also told me that the trip is now full with 16 members.

I'm really looking forward to the holiday. Earlier this year I went on a Safari holiday to Kenya. It was so fantastic that I booked this trip as soon as I got back.

Many years ago I went with Exodus to Peru. I could not fault them. Excellent in every respect.

I have been to India twice before, but only on business, although I did manage to see the Taj Mahal on my second visit. You have some great experiences waiting for you !!! India is a fascinating country.

Perhaps that's enough from me for now. Hope to hear back from you.

Ian

Anonymous
Fri, 10/26/2012 - 19:40

Hi Ian, Many thanks for your post: Sorry re the confusion about the dates - my mistake - we will be departing Heathrow on the Friday. We have had a few e-mail exchanges with Exodus over recent weeks about the ongoing situation with the recent ban on tiger tourism, which hopefully, will soon be resolved *. We too have had a few prior trips with Exodus, (all to Africa) and enjoyed them all, but have managed to pull away from Africa for this, our first trip to India, and we are both looking forward to it very much.
(* Please e-mail for fuller detail if required:  bill@larachmor.plus.com)

Thu, 11/15/2012 - 09:21

Hello Nancy Bill and Ian

We too have had a reminder from Exodus about the trip, We will be joining you,this will be our first trip to India! Really looking forward to it. We went to Zambia with Exodus last year and really enjoyed our time there! Hadn't picked up about the Tiger tourism ban though! Hope to hear more from you all

Ruth and Dave

Wed, 11/28/2012 - 13:06

Hi Ruth and Dave, Nancy and Bill, sorry I have only just seen this latest post. I thought I would get an email alert but I didn't.

I received my India visa this morning. It took about two weeks, to give you an idea. Last week I had a few injections so all is going to plan. I read a while ago that the Indian authorities were going to make a further anouncement 30th November regarding the tourism issue. It may be advisable to check the web after that. Exodus did not appear unduly concerned when I spoke to them a few weeks ago.

The name of the first camp is Pench Jungle Camp, Village-Avarghani. If you search on the web you can see what it looks like.

Well it's good to hear from you, I can't wait to go now.

Regards, Ian. 

Anonymous
Sun, 12/02/2012 - 12:28

Have finally got round to looking at the site. We too are on the trip. Have been to Africa with Exodus and our good friends Bill and Nancy before but is also our first visit to India. Looking forward to the experience and hoping for some good wildlife. Nice to know that the visas don't take too long to come - thought we would send for ours in January.

Cheers Ros and Mark

Wed, 12/19/2012 - 05:58

Nancy and Bill, Ruth and Dave, Ros and Mark.

Hope you all have a great Christmas and Good Luck for 2013.

Best wishes, Ian.

Anonymous
Sun, 01/06/2013 - 11:54

Hi Ian

Just seen your post. A happy New Year to you. Look forward to meeting up in March.

Ros & Mark

Thu, 02/07/2013 - 21:39

Really looking forward to the trip.

Will be great to meet you all.

Ruth and Dave

Anonymous
Thu, 02/07/2013 - 22:41

Yes - Only four weeks to go!! Looking forward to seeing some sun - we've had enough of the snow for this year.
See you all soon.   Nancy and Bill

Anonymous
Tue, 02/12/2013 - 22:51

Hi all we are counting down the days now and really looking forward to our adventure. We were hoping to do a safari on elephant back but it seems that it wont be possible now :( still we are looking forward to the jeep safaris

Gaynor & Paul

Anonymous
Sun, 02/17/2013 - 11:32

Hi Ruth, Dave, Ian, Gaynor and Paul - have got most things organised but almost forgot to order new sandals as had to throw the well worn ones out after the last trip! Got the visas ok although found the high commission website interesting! Not long now - looking forward to meeting everyone.

Ros and Mark

You recently looked at