Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Canyoning and canoeing

Anonymous
Mon, 03/30/2009 - 12:28

Hi

I'm thinking of doing this trip and was wondering how good a swimmer I need to be for the canyoning and canoeing.  I'm not a great swimmer but can (reluctantly) manage a couple of lengths if I have to.  Presumably we wear some sort of life jacket for the canoeing so that should be OK but I'm not so sure about the canyoning.

Thanks 

Anonymous
Tue, 04/07/2009 - 12:13

Hi Elena,

Glad to hear you're thinking of doing the ASF trip. The activities are absolutely fantastic and having been on the trip last year i can highly recommend it as well as the Hotel Torrecerredo being such a friendly place to stay for the week. Regarding the two activities - you are provided with a life jacket for canoeing and a wetsuit and harness (strapped to the instructor) for canyoning. Both activities require you to be able to swim and you must be confident that in an emergency (if the canoe tips or the harness breaks whilst canyoning) you would be able to swim to side of the river or rockpool. Admittedly out of the two activities - being able to swim is more essential for the canoeing as on the canyoning activities there are a couple of optional jumps.  

All the best, Andy Buswell (Trip Manager)

You recently looked at