Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Mount Toubkal - 17th May

Anonymous
Mon, 03/23/2009 - 13:31

Hi, is anyone going on the Mount Toubkal trek departing on 17th May?

Trish

Anonymous
Mon, 04/06/2009 - 20:20

I will be there and looking forward to it!

Debra

New York, New York

Anonymous
Fri, 04/10/2009 - 12:01

Excellent!  Not sure I am fit enough but looking forward to it all the same!  See you there!

Trish

Anonymous
Fri, 04/10/2009 - 19:26

Hi guys. Im on this trip as well and really cant wait. Im flying in to Marakesh on the morn of 17th from Luton (anyone else gettin there early?). If not i will see you all at the hotel in the eve. Mike.

Anonymous
Mon, 04/13/2009 - 15:03

I will be doing another trip from Cassablanca to Marrakesh and end in Marrakesh on the 16th.  

Anonymous
Mon, 04/13/2009 - 15:16

Just a FYI - was told by Exodus that there is snow on the mountain and they are recommending that we hire crampons - I'm thinking what have I gotten myself into - I thought Kili was bad.

Anonymous
Tue, 04/14/2009 - 18:06

Hi Mike,  I'm not leaving until the tea time flight from Heathrow on the 17th. Guess I'll see you there!

Debra, crampons?!  Now you are scaring me!  Yup, had the "pleasure" of doing kili too.  Surely Mount Toubkal can't be so bad?!

Trish 

Anonymous

I'll be getting the flight from Gatwick on the 17th. This is the first I've heard about the possible need for crampons and I'm just thinking what. Anyone know if we might also need ice axes, or walking poles? These last two things have just been suggested by someone I know who has walked Toubkal before? Ali

Anonymous
Mon, 05/04/2009 - 18:45

Guys, ive been monitoring the weather on Oukaimeden for the last week or two and it looks like the freezing level has moved above 4127 which should mean it has started to or already has thawed, and there hasnt been any snow up there since March. I think we should be ok with just walking poles. None of the Exodus crew have been in touch with me to say otherwise. Has anyone heard anything from them suggesting snow gear is needed?

Mike

Anonymous
Tue, 05/05/2009 - 15:09

HI guys, I emailed with a guy from Exodus (Olly) who had just returned from Mount Toubkal last week and he said that there is still a lot of snow and we should definitely hire.  No mention of an ice axe though!  He suggested hiring through Trek Hire - apparently they can meet you at the airport in Marrakech to drop off.  Trish

Anonymous
Fri, 05/08/2009 - 21:23

I had a word with the guys at Exodus earlier in the week with regards to taking things such as crampons, an ice-axe or poles. I was told that that the only things I should probably consider taking along are walking poles. I imagine crampons and ice axes are only needed for the winter climb/trek up Toubkal and I guess they would have contacted us about making sure we brought them along if they were considered essential? Ali

You recently looked at