Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

anyone on Lycian Activity Week

Anonymous
Thu, 03/19/2009 - 19:48

Hi,

I'm departing on 22 June 2009 and would like to say Hello to any fellow travellers.

Karen

My latest posts

Anonymous
Thu, 05/28/2009 - 19:56

Hi Karen - me and my step daughter are also on this trip - we're really looking forward to it.  Our first time ever on one of these 'excursions'  hoping I will be fit enough to join in all the activities!

Looking forward to fun in the sun........ J

Anonymous
Thu, 05/28/2009 - 19:59

Hi Karen - forgot to ask are you travelling on your own or with someone?

Anonymous
Tue, 06/02/2009 - 18:12

Yep. Me too. I'll be in Istanbul for a long weekend before taking an internal flight (avoiding balloons for the moment) to Dalaman so won't be flying there with the group. I shall meet up with all of you and the group leader. I shall be taking the same flight home though.

Am trying to learn Turkish;  I can order a glass of wine: that'll do.

Richard

Anonymous
Fri, 06/05/2009 - 07:06

Hi Janet,

Thanks for your message.  I'm travelling with my Brother.  this is my first trip with Exodus and I'm really looking forward to it.  Only 16 days to go now.

Look forward to meeting you and your step daughter soon

Karen

Anonymous
Fri, 06/05/2009 - 07:09

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your message.  Glad you have learnt a most valuable phrase.  Have you learnt anymore phrases since your last message?

Hope you have a good weekend in Istanbul and I look forward to meeting you soon.  16 days to go...

Karen

Anonymous
Sat, 06/06/2009 - 17:35

Richard - very important phrase to know!  One question - what is Turkish wine like - better than the Greek Retsina!!!

Karen - look forward to meeting you and your brother.  We will be staying at Gatwick on the Sunday evening (at the Mercura) as we are travelling up/over from Cornwall!  I think I will treat Kerry and myself to a lovely breakfast at the airport - champagne and scrambled eggs!

Can't wait - quite excited now - Gawd knows what I have let myself in for!  I have invested in some hiking poles, just in case the walking is tougher than I expect!  Although I walk the dogs regularly - can't remember the last time I did a full days walking and not sure whether my knees will be able to take the strain!

Anonymous
Wed, 06/17/2009 - 19:54

Not gone very far since the last mail but half way through the book and already feel i need to start again!

Beer = Bira (beera). Tea - cay (chay). Wine = sarap (sharap - sounds like telling someone to shut up) .

I can also order a kebab and ask for the toilet. 

I think that's all my needs met. If all else fails, I shall resort to speaking English incredibly loudly and rudely.

Anonymous
Wed, 06/17/2009 - 19:56

Oh yes. Turkish wine is drinkable. Thankfully enough Turkish restaurant in London to sample some of them. Go for Cankaya (chankaya): light, fruity and crisp. Goes very well (too well actually, easy to get pissed) with shish or mixed kebabs.

You recently looked at