Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Anyone else booked Classic Annapurna 16th Nov?

Anonymous
Thu, 07/24/2008 - 21:15

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone else has booked to come on this trip with us? It will be my first "adventure" trip (hubby did Inca Trail last year, so he's fitter than me!) and first time we've travelled with Exodus.  Hope we won't be on our own. Glen & Les.

Anonymous
Wed, 08/13/2008 - 16:23

Hi Glen and Les,

Yes we are booked on this trip.  We have done a couple of Exodus trips before, but not a trekking holiday.  Looking forward to meeting you both.  Jenny and Ian

Anonymous
Thu, 08/14/2008 - 11:36

Thanks Jenny & Ian for replying - I feel a bit more relaxed now that I know we won't be on our own. Since the trip is now only 3 months away (it'll soon pass, I'm sure), I'm starting to get in "planning" mode, thinking about what we will need and, more importantly, what we won't need. Looking forward to meeting you both and any other fellow travellers. Glen.

Anonymous
Sun, 08/31/2008 - 11:24

Hi there,

I'm another booked on this trip - have done other holidays with Exodus to Cuba and Vietnam which were excellent, and a less successful one to the Dolomites, due to a dreadful leader.  Am also starting to look forward to this "adventure" and find some thermals!  Gay

Anonymous
Thu, 10/09/2008 - 13:26

Just trying to sort out final "must do" things before travelling. Have got the visas sorted, but still confused on the issue of malaria tablets. Would prefer to get Malarone as, according to web research, there are fewer side effects with these, but the official health websites do not list them as a suitable tablet for Nepal. Anyone found any different advice?

Anonymous
Tue, 10/14/2008 - 12:11

Hi

There are 4 in our group, Rochelle (that's me) husband Adrian, and our friends Hannelore and Richard. We are in our 50's but only on paper! We are really looking forward to the trip and have been exercising and preparing well. Adrian will be celebrating his 50th birthday on the trip - hope you will all join in!!

Anonymous
Tue, 10/14/2008 - 21:57

Hi Rochelle and Co. Very pleased to discover another 4 people going on the trip - there's now at least 9 of us that we know of! We're also in our 50s and we're more than happy to join in the birthday celebrations! Where we will be on the trip when the big day occurs?

Anonymous
Wed, 10/15/2008 - 11:07

Hi - good to know we will be in good company - Adrian's birthday is on Nov 26th - I think we will be in Chitwan. Have you done much training for the trek?

Anonymous
Wed, 10/15/2008 - 22:16

I haven't done any specific training for the trek, other than a few good walks (with some ascents/descents) when we've been away during the summer. I'm really hoping that I won't be holding the group up for too long while you all wait for me to catch up! Les, on the other hand, is a regular hill-walker, so he should be fine. Think we're all going to have a great time, as it's a varied itinerary and by the time we get to celebrate Adrian's birthday, all the hard work will be over!!

Anonymous
Sun, 10/19/2008 - 08:47

Just received our final joining instructions and see that there are 12 of us on this trip, 9 of whom have already been identified through this forum. Hope the other 3 log on and make it a full house! Decided I would like to get a new backpack, so up early today and off to the shops to find one - no easy task as the choice is so great! Hopefully by this evening all will be sorted. Glen.

Anonymous
Mon, 10/20/2008 - 11:05

Hi Glen, hope you got your backpack. We havent received any final instructions - when did you get them?  Also a bit confused about taking medication through Bahrain - the website is really complicated - has anyone managed to sort it out??  

Rochelle

Anonymous
Mon, 10/20/2008 - 12:03

Just got our joining instructions today. I am John and 62, and hopefully fit enough! With my wife Caroline (52) This is our first Exodus trip. We are flying in the day before from London via Bangkok, and really look forward to meeting you all. Has anyone any thoughts on trail walking shoes rather than full boots for this sort of trip?

Anonymous
Mon, 10/20/2008 - 13:15

Thanks for your reply Glen. When we have white-water rafted before, shorts (with swim gear underneath) and a top are usually fine. If the water is very cold, they should provide wet suits. Sandels or sailing "crocs" are essential footwear. If we are lucky, we should be able to body raft towards the end, where you just float down river (with a life jacket on). Great experience!

Anonymous
Mon, 10/20/2008 - 15:40

Hi, good to meet you all if only on line.  We seem to be much of an age, we are 57 and 58!  We will also be in Kathmandu prior to the trip so will look out for you John and Caroline at the hotel. Jenny and Ian

Anonymous
Tue, 10/21/2008 - 15:21

Thanks for all the advice. We are taking walking boots - I think the support around the ankles is important - it is so easy to twist your foot on uneven ground  in walking shoes.

Hopefully our final notes and bags will arrive soon. Getting very excited now!  I am pleased that we all seem to be of similar ages - so we won't be holding up any super fit athletes!

Really looking forward to meeting everyone!

Anonymous
Sun, 10/26/2008 - 13:29

Does anyone know where we are staying in Chitwan?  Rochelle

Anonymous
Mon, 10/27/2008 - 17:51

Hi everyone. Further to Rochelle's query above, I e-mailed Exodus today and have received a reply stating that they usually use the Gaida Jungle Resort in Chitwan. If so, it's got mixed reviews on TripAdvisor - best go with an open mind. Counting down the days now! Glen & Les.

Anonymous
Fri, 10/31/2008 - 17:40

Thanks for finding out. Had a look on trip advisor - looks ok -still waiting for our final notes and our bags. Rochelle

Anonymous
Fri, 10/31/2008 - 17:49

So we know who you are and can meet up before hand, please feel free to e-mail me: john@discoveryyachts.com  also any other group member who wants direct contact.  John

Anonymous
Tue, 11/11/2008 - 21:07

Hi Everyone. Just letting you know that we will no longer be joining you on this trip, due to my father's deteriorating health. We were so looking forward to meeting everyone but, sadly, that's not to be. We hope you all have a fantastic time and maybe you will post some of your experiences on the Arrivals forum when you return, so at least we can see what we missed? Have a great birthday, Adrian! Best wishes to all - Glen and Les.

Anonymous
Wed, 11/12/2008 - 12:14

Hi

We are very sorry that you won't be joining us on the trip. It is very difficult when you have elderly parents - we know what it is like - we hope that he improves and wish you all the best,

Regards, Rochelle & Adrian - we will raise a glass of something to you on Adrian's birthday!

Anonymous
Wed, 11/12/2008 - 17:38

Thought I should say hello. I think I may be the 12th person on trip. I haven't done any treks like this before so quite glad to hear you're not all super fit. Looking forward to meeting you all,  Jo

Anonymous
Thu, 11/13/2008 - 08:03

Hi Jo,

No we are not all super fit!  Look forward to meeting you - maybe we will meet up at Heathrow at checkin with our Exodus bags!

Regards

Rochelle & Adrian 

Anonymous
Fri, 11/14/2008 - 14:45

alind

Anonymous
Fri, 11/14/2008 - 14:54

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one in the group travelling solo.  My preparations include doing lots of walking, BUT I live in Norfolk so no hills to climb!  So sorry to hear that Glen and Les have had to cancel - I had to do the same 3 years ago when I had a slipped disc, so I know just how disappointed you must be feeling.  Will be on the lookout for Exodus bags at Heathrow - see you all soon.  Gay

You recently looked at