TNT - Everest Base Camp - 5th Oct 2012

Make 2018 Your Year of Adventure. Save $150 when you Book Now - Learn More >

Hello. Myself and my wife have just booked onto this trip. It would be good to hear from anyone else who will be joining us!

Stuart & Sonia 

craiglc36

Hi , we got our visas before we went , but people were getting them at the airport in Kathmandu. We exchanged our sterling to NPR in airport , quite a good rate. and get some small bills for tipping the porters in your hotel. When leaving Airport hold onto your bags as every man and his dog will want to carry them for a price. Be firm with them and follow the rep. Flight to Lukla is early as flights can only happen early in the day. we left hotel around 5am for our flight. Boarding can all happen quite quickly too. You Lucky people!   For coffee lovers there is even a starbucks in Lukla! Enjoy the lodge fires in the evenings too , and enjoy the scenery even more.  Remember ... theres no rush, and take your time.

wendyT65

Thanks Craig.... i would need to go to the Embassy of Nepal to get the visas before travelling right? Doesn't look like it can be done on-line

Poacherpaulkirk

Well that's it guys all but the flying! 25days! See you all soon.

Poacherpaulkirk

Just had a chat with Ian and we will get our visa in country. Don't fancy my passport going AWOL this close to going! Is anyone having rabies jabs? Cheer Paul

wendyT65

Not had Final Instuctions yet.... guess theyre on way! Same re Visa, enquired and you cant pick it up in person in one day in London, so will wait till there.

And we're not having rabies vac

Wend x 

wendyT65

Hi...

when do all you guys arrive in to Kathmandu airport? We're flying Etihad from LHR, anyone else?

High 20's, rain and storms in Kathmandu at the moment - nice!! 

Did the three high passes to Everest last year.  Here are a few pointers

Kala Pattar and Pen-y-Fan have similar height gains and steepness.  But you start KP at altitude.  KP is a 2 hour grind but with a clear path and a very short scramble at the top.  Depending on when you peak it could be windy so make sure you have some wind-proof clothes with you. The length of walks and walking times after Namche is governed by the need to mimimise risk of AMS so you will complete most days walk at lunchtime.Not kit but things you need to take in your mind to get most enjoyment optimism - assume the best not the worsttolerance - not everything will be as you hope or expect (in truth much will be better!)curiosity - your Sirdar will try to explain everything but don't be afraid to ask 

Istewart

Hi Wendy, we're flying with Jet Airways now that you've mentioned that your flying with Etihad I do wish that I was on board that flight but never mind so long as I make it to Kathmandu I don't really care. After a connecting flight from Delhi our ETA in Kathmandu is 1445 on 6th October, what's your arrival time?

wendyT65

Hi Guys.....

How you all doing????????? Cant believe we're almost off! You all spent out on all your gear? ;-)

We're due in Kathmandu airport, Saturday 16:15 Etihad flight, dont know if we'll see you there or at the Hotel? Wander if the tragic accident will change anything for us on the Lukla bound flight Monday am?

Have a good week y'all, and safe travels next week-end.....

W x 

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Latest Forum Topics

Call us on 1 844 227 9087