Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Kilimanjaro - Rongai Route - 22 October 2010

Anonymous
Tue, 10/05/2010 - 10:36

Hi there

Are there any travellers going to Tazania on 22 October to do 'Kili' flying from Heathrow Airport?

Alli (Booze) ! x

Anonymous
Thu, 10/07/2010 - 16:02

Hi , i am also on this trip with my friend Suzannah. Are you travelling alone or with someone else? Am just about prepared but dont think im quite fit enough but its a bit late todo anything about that now.

Amberx

Anonymous
Thu, 10/07/2010 - 19:01

Hi Amber

I am flying Solo from Heathrow, are you two flying from heathrow too?

Would be good to have some company on the long flight even though I hope to sleep most of it.

I have got achilles tendonitus in my left heel so my fitness is not what I wanted it to be, sounds like we are the same!!!!

If you are flying from Heathrow, maybe we could all meet up for a coffee to say hello?

Alli

Anonymous
Fri, 10/08/2010 - 18:30

I am joining you guys, also with my boyfriend Jay...there was a post way back in June time with some other people from the group too. We are flying from Heathrow, but not sure we are on the group flight as we are working and then going straight to the airport I think ours is a bit later... How is everyone feeling? Ready for it? Got all the kit? I am getting really excited now!!! Sarah

Anonymous
Sat, 10/09/2010 - 12:25

Hi guys

Slightly nervous about it all to be honest. Another friend has just completed it!!! Well done:-))

I am flying at 20.00hrs flight from Heathrow on 22 October - Flight Number KQ101. Is anyone else on this flight?

Has everyone received their Free Kit Bag yet, I'm still waiting for mine?

Can't wait to meet you all. Alli x

Anonymous
Sun, 10/10/2010 - 11:33

I go from being over excited to thinking what the hell have I signed up to!!! Its the altitude sickness that worries me the most...We are booked on that same flight from Heathrow, but I think we have a longer stopover in Nairobi as our flight has a 3 and a half hour wait time. Will look out for everyone in the airport!!! No kit bag either for us...got one that we can use if they dont turn up in time!! See you all very soon!!! Sarah and Jay.

Anonymous
Mon, 10/11/2010 - 20:38

Hi Sarah and jay

How come you have a longer stopover in Nairobi, according to my details I only have an hour before my connecting flight.

I have been assured by Exodus today that the kitbags will be with us this week, I hope so... I cannot afford to buy one now.

Just had to have my emergency Yellow Fever jab this morning as everyone including Exodus and the Tanzanian Embassy said you didn't need it - YOU DO! Just managed to get in done in time as you need to have 10 days for the certificate to be valid!!!

Stress or what? Is anybody else got the 7.30am connecting flight to Tanzania then, seems abit strange that we are all on different flights!!! x

Alli x

Anonymous
Tue, 10/12/2010 - 09:21

I am pretty sure that our connecting flight is also at 7.30 am, I havent got a kit bag but luckily have my own. had the yellow fever vaccine and got the flu/headache side effects after about a week, so hopefully you will be lucky and wont get the during our climb alli. I am yet to sort out transport to heathrow left it so late that everything is really expensive silly me, i was wondering if any one else is near leeds and fancys a car share as its only £52 to park which appears to be the cheapest option for me. If not would be nice to meet for coffee beofre take off . Amberx

Anonymous
Tue, 10/12/2010 - 18:19

Hi I am on the Kili trip with my friend and I am feeling somewhat nervous at the moment, We are on the KQ101 flight at 20:00 hours with the connecting flight at 7.30. It would be great to meet up at the airport before the flight for a coffee, so just let me know where and when. The Kit is sorted but feeling nervous about the altitude and the cold nights near the top I proberly have far too much kit but as soon as the kit bag arrives i will be trying to see just how much of it will actually go in as I think its not that big and the sleeping bag and sleeping mat are going to take up so much of the space.mmm some stuff may not make it. Sam

Anonymous
Tue, 10/12/2010 - 20:14

Hey my fellow walkers!

I think that we are probably all on this flight then (KQ101) with some taking the same connecting flight at 7.30am?

We are all flying from Terminal 4 so we should all meet in the airport for coffee (or beer) I think that would be great, either before check in if we see each others kitbags or after check in:-)

I'm not sure if I will have enough room in the kit bag/day sack aslo so until the blooming bag arrives... I don't know. Grrr.

AMBER: I am from Leeds originally but I live in Watford now, shame, have you managed to get it sorted yet? (fingers crossed) x

Anonymous
Wed, 10/13/2010 - 12:07

All sounds like everyone is getting excited...our living room floor is one big pile of kit at the moment while we work out we are taking and what needs to be left behind!!! I think when we booked in June we were the last to book and got told that the group flight was full, hence our later connection! I am also a Yorkshire girl originally...but now live in London... working on the Friday (I am a teacher!) and then getting straight to Heathrow from there. Will look out for everyone in the airport!!! Sarah

Anonymous
Wed, 10/13/2010 - 21:49

Hi guys

Not long now, anybody got their kitbag....Nope!!! Oh well I will take all my stuff in a Morrisons carrier bag if I have to!!!

Ooo I think we'll have a few Yorkshire lasses on the trip, goodo:-) x

Anonymous
Thu, 10/14/2010 - 07:58

Kitbag arrived this morning - yay! x

Anonymous
Thu, 10/14/2010 - 10:10

Hi everyone, kitbag arrived and its HUGE! :-)

Amber: had a thought whilst on my way to work this morning. You could drive to Watford and park at my flat, then my friend is taking me to the airport, up to you hun? x

Think this weekend will be mostly sorting out stuff to take or not to take!!

Alli x

Anonymous
Thu, 10/14/2010 - 11:12

Hi All, Iam on the trip with Sam. Just received my kit bag! getting really excited! Just need to get my exam on the 20th over and done with! Ah.........Anyway look forward to seeing you at the airport. Jan

Anonymous
Thu, 10/14/2010 - 11:12

Hi All, Iam on the trip with Sam. Just received my kit bag! getting really excited! Just need to get my exam on the 20th over and done with! Ah.........Anyway look forward to seeing you at the airport. Jan

Anonymous
Thu, 10/14/2010 - 11:48

Thank you for your offer, sounds like a great plan to me and will save me £50+ . If you are sure that you dont mind - will send you my mobile number so you can let me know your address. Thank you very much again.
Amberx

Anonymous
Thu, 10/14/2010 - 13:13

You are more than welcome, the cost of the trip has been expensive as it is!!!

My friend has agreed to take me for £20 so we can split that £10 each, is that okay?

I'll give you my hotmail address and we can chat from there:-)

allisondewar71@hotmail.com

Looking forward to meeting you.

Alli x

Anonymous
Sat, 10/16/2010 - 14:27

Just picked up my malerone tablets and i cannot get over the cost of them, extorsion or what? Was wondering if anyone else is taking ski pants for the cold part, i was going to pack them they are not ideal for walking in, but i think i would rather be a slow walker than cold?, Amberx

Anonymous
Sat, 10/16/2010 - 17:07

Hi Amber, the exodux kit bag is bigger than i was expecting and so my ski pants are going in for the summit, I dont mind being a slow walker if it means i can stay warm! Sam

Anonymous
Tue, 10/19/2010 - 09:49

I am always cold...so I have packed my ski trousers and jacket (as well as my down jacket!)...we picked up our hired sleeping bags at the weekend and sorted our packing out - its all so real now!!! My bag seems full and I am only taking the essentials!!! When we picked up our sleeping bags the lady at trek hire said that recently people had come back saying the summit night was much warmer than they anticipated and had been taking layers off as they walked!!! Got the factor 50 and a sun hat...its so bizarre packing that next to winter weather clothes!!! Good Luck with the exam Jan - see you all at Heathrow!!!

Anonymous
Tue, 10/19/2010 - 10:27

My friend has just done it and says the same, its very very cold to start with but once you get moving and the sun comes up - you soon start to peel layers off!

Guys - ITS FRIDAY - OMG!

I will probably have forgotton something but hey ho, as long as my little legs can take me up there, who cares!:-)))

See you at Heathrow. Alli x x x

Anonymous
Tue, 10/19/2010 - 19:43

Peeling off layers is good for me, I'd rather be too warm and have to take layers off. Its getting sooooo close now, my boyfriend keeps counting down the days for me which is making me very nervous. Cant wait to meet you all. Sam

Anonymous
Wed, 10/20/2010 - 20:32

Well I have had so many people wishing me well. Have had a lovely book given to me by my bestest friend. She wants me to write my memoirs! Exam over and wow Friday is coming sooo quickly. Glad to hear it was not as cold as expected on the summit. Like the rest of you I would rather be warm than cold.
See you all Friday. Oh Sam was telling me about the food. It sounds wonderful. Jan

Anonymous
Wed, 10/20/2010 - 22:48

Well thats my last shift at work out of the way, a friend also gave me a diary to write it all down, not sure If I will have the energy to do anything after a hard days climb!!!!

I've decided to hire sleeping bag/foam mat, I didn't have enough room in the kitbag which would suggest I'm taking too much!!!!!

What exam did you take Jan, sounds stressing but at least its all over now, next challange... here we come:-) Alli

Anonymous
Fri, 10/22/2010 - 08:05

Hi Ali and All, I took an exam in Health and Social care. Yes it is over and I have now started another course, so will be behind because of Kili! lol.........Never mind where there is a will there is a way!Well all is ready. Just waiting for Sam. having a morning snack and leaving about 1pm at the latest.
Have got to weigh my bag again thinkit is about 2kg over! Ah. See you soon. Jan x

Anonymous
Fri, 10/22/2010 - 09:18

Yeah today is the day, hope you are well? I bet my kitbag weighs too much too, not sure what I would do when I get tot he airport if that is the case!!!

Oh cares, we're going? See you all at Heathrow, Amber is driving down to mine and we're going from Watford. x x

You recently looked at