- Spectacular drive across Peru's altiplano, with stops at La Raya Pass and Raqchi Temple Complex
- Boat trip to visit the floating reed islands of the Uros Indians
- Sillustani burial towers
- Lakeside Puno city and its markets and textiles
Lake Titicaca extension
ReviewsAdd your own review
Lake Titicaca Extension
The Titicaca extension is an enjoyable and good value addition to the Inca Trail. If leave isn’t an issue I would definitely recommend this extension (after the trail). Don’t be put off by the long drive – it’s a comfortable coach and includes 4 sightseeing stops and a buffet lunch.
Most Inspirational Moment
The boat trip on Lake Titicaca & rowing a reed boat.
Thoughts on Group Leader
N/A - no leader on this extension.
Advice for Potential Travellers
Bring water on the coach. One of the stops has a pay toilet (1 sol), free at all other stops. Do the reed boat hop between islands. Take money on the boat trip - you will be expected to buy something from the stall of the island mama who shows you her hut & dresses you in traditional costume, preferably something locally made eg local design cushion cover (c 70 sol), model reed boat (c 70 sol). Ask your main tour guide to book the Balcons de Puna restaurant for you for dinner. La Recetta cafe is convenient for a light lunch.
Hotel Casona Plaza is a convenient location. I would have liked a slightly longer stop at La Raya Pass (4335m).
Would you like to include flights with your booking?
- ATOL protected
- Competitive flight prices
- Full refunds in the event of FCDO cancellations or major disruption at your UK departure airport
- Specialist support to rearrange flights and transfers
- Regional flights available from many UK airports
The Adventure Begins Here
Get regular inspiration straight to your inbox from Exodus' experts.