Exodus Travel Hub
Updated 19th July 2022
Your pre-travel checklist
Welcome to the Exodus Travel Hub, where you’ll find everything you need to know about traveling internationally, all in one place. We’ve gathered the official sources on entry and exit requirements, testing, and other essential information, giving you the latest travel guidance so you can make an informed choice on your next adventure.
We strive to always do right by our customers, and we are proud that Which? named Exodus Travels as a recommended provider again this year for the 7th year running, giving us a score of 5/5 for customer service. We’re also rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot and our team is always available to assist with any questions you may have.
Your Three Steps to Travel
We’ve made it easy for you to find up-to-the-minute travel advice from official sources, so you can decide in minutes where your next adventure will take you. If you’re traveling soon, please check this page and relevant country-specific guidance before you depart. Find out more about your stress-free travel experience and our book with confidence promise.
YOUR GOVERNMENT’S RESTRICTIONS & ADVICE
Check the latest travel restrictions and travel advice from your resident country’s government sources
DESTINATION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Check the latest entry requirements for your destination
Find out more about how our ‘COVID-Clear’ groups policy works, and what you need to know before you go.
1. Your Government’s Advice
You should ensure you understand any risks of travel to your destination by reading the travel advice from your home government, and make your own choice to travel or not.
UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) Travel Advice
The UK government has also provided this step-by-step guidance for traveelling safely following the changes to travel caused by the pandemic.
Ensure you have checked, understand and can comply with entry requirements for your destination country, and for returning to the UK. Please note these will be informed by your individual circumstances, and in particular your vaccination status.
The UK government uses a two-tier system to identify countries that are considered high risk in terms of COVID infection rates and/or variants of concern, and those which are not. They are categorised into ‘Red’ list countries, and all other destinations, respectively.
- Exodus will not normally operate trips to countries on the ‘Red’ list.
- Exodus will expect to operate trips to all other destinations, as long as there are no FCDO travel advisories in place against travel to that country, and the destination country does not have entry requirements or local restrictions in place that would significantly impact the tour itinerary.
- It is important to be aware that a country’s status will not necessarily align with FCDO travel advice, although this is usually the case.
2. Destination Entry Requirements
Check the entry requirements for your destination of choice from your country of departure.
For a quick and easy guide to the latest travel advice by departure and destination country, as well as by nationality, we recommend using the CIBT entry guide below:
3. COVID-Clear Groups
For extra peace of mind, Exodus requires all those travelling on group holidays to have had a vaccine or negative COVID test – known as ‘COVID-Clear’ status. Please ensure that you understand this policy and can comply with it before you travel with us.
In addition, we ask that all customers travel with a small supply of lateral flow COVID tests (we suggest a minimum of five tests person); this is just in case someone on the trip displays symptoms and then tests positive, so we can quickly confirm that other group members have not become infected. In the unlikely event a group member does test positive, we have a protocol in place to ensure that it is handled swiftly and effectively by our local teams, under the oversight of the Exodus office in the UK.
If you are travelling: to a country where one of these is an entry requirement, you do not need to provide Exodus with proof of your COVID-Clear status prior to travel; you can expect this to be checked by your airline and/or by immigration officials when you arrive in the destination country.
If you are travelling: within the UK, within your home country (outside the UK), or there are no entry requirements of this nature, or the requirements do not meet those outlined below for the destination country, you will need to fulfil one of the below criteria. Please hold documentation proving your vaccination status or confirming your negative test result (as appropriate). Checks may be made by our UK based team prior to travel, or during your trip by your tour leader. If you are unable to provide proof when requested on the trip, you will need to take a COVID test locally, at your own expense.
Exodus’ COVID-Clear requirements – All customers will need to have one of the below in place prior to travel.
1. Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with the last dose having been administered no less than two weeks prior to travel. The total number of doses must have been given, as required by the vaccine manufacturer (in most cases this is two doses).
- The NHS app (if you have signed up and are verified) now shows your vaccination status under ‘Your COVID-19 status’ and is available as a pdf. Please select the ‘For Travel’ option.
2. A negative COVID test taken within 72 hours of travel
- This can be either a lateral flow or PCR test
- The certificate provided by your private testing provider.
What happens if someone tests positive for COVID-19 whilst on an Exodus holiday?
If a group member shows symptoms of COVID-19 whilst on an Exodus holiday, they will be asked to take a COVID-19 test.
If they unfortunately test positive, they will be asked to follow certain measures to protect themself, the rest of the group and our local staff. Whilst not restricted to the measures mentioned below, the client will be asked to follow some or all of these measures, which may go above any local regulations in place in the country in which the group is travelling: In some circumstances, these steps may include being required to leave the trip.
- The customer will be asked to remove themself from the group. This means that they will not be able to join group meals or excursions/visits. Depending on the individual circumstances, they may be able to remain at the same hotel(s) as the group, or they may be required to arrange their own accommodation elsewhere (with the assistance of the local team and/or the Exodus UK team).
- The rest of the group will be advised of the positive COVID result, so that preventative measures can be followed.
- If the client is sharing a room with a family member or friend on the same booking, they will also be asked to take a COVID test. If they test negative, they will need to decide whether to also remove themselves from the group in order to remain with their travelling companion, or to continue with the group and make arrangements to stay in a separate room.
- While separated from the group, the client should continue testing, and may re-join the group when two negative test results (taken at different times) have been received. If the client is still positive, they should remain separate from the group until they receive a negative test result.
- The tour leader, local team and Exodus will assist and support the client, however they will be asked to contact their travel insurance provider to discuss any financial implications.
Help, advice and support
The Exodus team, both in the UK and overseas, are on hand to provide you with guidance and support from the moment we first speak to you, right through to after you are back home. Throughout your journey with us, you will have our support.
|Before your trip:|
|Normal office hours (Monday – Friday 09:00 – 18:00 and Saturday: 09:00 – 16:00)||(+44) 208 772 3747|
|Out of hours emergency calls||+44 (0)148 369 5188|
|On your trip and on your way home:|
|Your leader will provide your local 24 hour support contact details||On arrival|
|Out of Hours||+44 (0)148 369 5188|
The Adventure Begins Here
Get regular inspiration straight to your inbox from Exodus' experts.