Sustainable Travel: Climate Emergency
Exodus Travels Declares a Climate Emergency
At Exodus, we believe that travel makes the world a better place. Through visiting other countries we build connections, grow our understanding of the world and support local communities. Since we began almost 50-years ago, it has always been our mission to travel the world responsibly and sustainably. However, we understand that travel is a carbon intensive pastime and that the Earth faces a climate emergency. The planet we love is at risk; from melting ice caps to extreme weather events, the effects of climate change are more apparent than ever. We believe that it is everyone’s responsibility to tackle the climate emergency, and we want to be part of the solution.
We are therefore delighted to be a founding signatory of Tourism Declares a Climate Emergency a collective of travel businesses and organisations following the lead of other sectors in declaring a climate emergency. As Tourism Declares outlines, “We believe we have a responsibility, to tell the truth, act now and work together to help turn it around.”
As part of Tourism Declares:
- We publicly accept the current IPCC advice that we need to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030 to keep the planet within 1.5 degrees of warming.
- We are developing a Climate Change Action Plan with a science-based target to halve our carbon footprint per client by 2030.
- We commit to publicly communicating both our plan and our progress here.
- We will work with our suppliers and partners, to encourage them to make their own declaration, and with the Tourism Declares community to share best practice and solutions with the wider travel industry.
- We recognise the need for system change across the industry, and will join others in calling for urgent regulatory action to accelerate the transition towards zero carbon air travel.
Read more about our Climate Change Action Plan here.
Send any questions or comments to SustainableTravel@exodustravels.com
The Adventure Begins Here
Get regular inspiration straight to your inbox from Exodus' experts.