Travel Disruption Advice
Exodus Traveler Information on Coronavirus
With the changing situation regarding the current COVID-19 outbreak, disruptions to your travel may occur. This page will be updated with the latest information regarding your Exodus Travels tour, in order to ensure you’re prepared and informed about any changes.
If your trip is impacted by COVID-19 related travel restrictions we will contact you. We’d encourage other travelers with bookings not to call our contact centre during the next few days, unless necessary, in order for us to contact those who are impacted. We really appreciate your support while we make these arrangements.
Will my tour go ahead?
We have suspended departures between between March 17 and August 31, 2020, if you were due to travel with us then you will be entitled to a voucher towards future travel. Please read here for more details.
For trips departing on or after September 1, 2020, the following applies:
- Should the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), global or local health authorities advise against travel or impose severe restrictions on movement within a country, we will amend itineraries or cancel or suspend trips as needed, offering flexibility to transfer your travel plans to a future date or alternative tour free of charge (subject to any difference in published tour cost) or, if this isn’t suitable, we can offer a travel voucher, valid for bookings July 31st, 2021. See our Booking Promise page for more details.
We will always follow UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice, and we will not operate tours to areas where the advice is against all non-essential travel.
- Decisions about whether we can operate upcoming tours are made on a rolling basis, as the advice can change at any time. Where the advice for a country is temporarily against all non-essential travel, we will not normally make changes to tours more than 6 weeks before the date of travel.
What if I want to cancel my trip?
We’re proud to offer one of the most flexible travel policies in the industry, and our Exodus Travels Booking Promise offers transferable deposits and no change fees to move to another tour (subject to conditions).
Read our Exodus Travels Booking Promise.
Keeping you safe while on our trips
We have provided written advice to our local partners and tour leaders so they can be vigilant about potential exposure to the virus for themselves and for group members, they can be aware of the symptoms and be aware of the standard protective measures, should they be required.
- We are asking all clients traveling on our trips to self-screen in advance of travel to ensure they do not join a trip after being exposed to a higher than expected risk of infection
- We will cancel or amend trips if required to ensure your safety.
We request that any of our guests who have any reason to believe they may have a higher than expected risk of infection to contact us to discuss suitable actions. This includes people who believe they may have been close to an infected person in their country of residence or abroad.
- Various countries to which we operate are amending their entry requirements in relation to travel from (or a recent visit to) higher risk locations.
- While we will endeavour to inform travelers of any significant changes as much as possible, we may not be aware of your recent travel history before joining your trip. Therefore all travelers are requested to check entry requirements to their intended destination to ensure they meet any requirement that may have been put in place. We recommend your own government’s travel advisory service information for your destination country – for the US, the State Department Travel Advisory; for Canada, Travel Advice & Advisories; for the UK, the FCDO Travel Advice; for Ireland, the Department of Foreign Affairs; for Australia, the Smart Traveller information service; for New Zealand, it’s SafeTravel.
If your trip has been impacted by COVID19 you will be contacted by our team to discuss your next steps, you do not need to call us. Please be patient while our customer teams work through bookings in order of proximity to departure. We really appreciate your support while we make these arrangements.
If you need assistance in a genuine emergency please call our out of hours Duty Office on +44 (0)844 326 7041.
Updates will be added to this web page as and when they become available.
The Adventure Begins Here
Get regular inspiration straight to your inbox from Exodus' experts.