Exodus started supporting Zambian projects in 2008 in conjunction with Baraka Community Partnerships. In that time our volunteers have been busy and their successes include renovating dozens of classrooms, helping provide clean water and sanitation, donating tonnes of educational, sporting and medical supplies and helping distribute life- saving malaria nets.
Biggest achievement to date
Our biggest achievement is really a collective one. Over the years we have worked with 5 different schools helping out hundreds of kids in the process in many different ways. Many of these children would have been deprived of an education without our support and just helping contribute towards a brighter, healthier future for so many is an achievement we are justifiably proud of. We have also worked with two different communities on water and sanitation programmes.
Other Success Stories
• A new learning centre built for Kasalu village and school
• Various improvements and renovations to 5 different Schools including new classrooms, toilet blocks, vital renovations
• Educational, sporting and clothing supplies provided for all our schools and communities
• Clean drinking water and toilets built in various villages
• Distribution and monitoring of malaria nets
• Income generation schemes provided for schools to help them stand on their own feet
• Vitamins, dental products and first aid supplies to various schools and communities
• Funded repairs and equipment for a health clinic at the village of Maguremeno; please click here to read more.
The Adventure Begins Here
Get regular inspiration straight to your inbox from Exodus' experts.