General Flight Information
- General Flight Information
An overview of flight options
Exodus is committed to making joining our tours as easy as possible, wherever you live. We generally only block book seats from London, but this certainly does not mean that you need to fly from there. Depending on the route and airlines available, there will usually be various options available for those who want to fly from their local airport.
This page aims to provide a useful overview of the options available to our clients. However, the best flight arrangements should be tailored to your personal requirements, so please contact our Sales team for expert advice.
What kind of options do I have ?
1. We can book for you: Flights from anywhere in the world – not via London
Depending on the route, this may be direct or via an overseas hub like Amsterdam, the Middle East or elsewhere. On short haul routes there may be direct flights with low cost airlines, charter flights or scheduled airlines. Exodus can book most, but not all, of these for you. The most appropriate airline may be different to that which we use for the group flight from London, but many people now travel on different airlines and meet up with their fellow passengers at the destination.
|May be the most direct route
Often the extra fare compared to the London flight is minimal.
As you will be in the hands a single airline for your entire journey, the airline will be responsible for your bags and your connections.
|You may not be able to join the group transfers. However, we can usually arrange private transfers, or book your flights to try and coincide with the group transfers. See notes on transfer arrangements below.
2. We can book for you: Connecting flights from your local airport to London
Exodus can book connecting flights to London so you can join the group flight there. Connecting times will be followed according to airline advice, or as requested by clients. There are two types of fares we can use for this option: a ‘through-fare’ or a ‘published fare’.
a) A ‘through-fare’ is where you will be in the main airline’s care throughout. You change planes, but your bags are checked all the way through to your final destination.
b) A ‘published fare’ ticket is completely seperate from your onward ticket from London. It is usually cheaper than a through-fare but will need to be paid for and issued as soon as it is booked. This can be a problem if your tour has not yet reached minimum numbers. On ‘published fares’ neither airline is aware that you have connecting flights, so Exodus is responsible for timing your connection, not the airlines involved. The tickets are also usually non changeable and non refundable.
|Depending on the fare type, Exodus or the airline is responsible for flight connections.
|Through fare tickets can be expensive.
On a published fare, tickets must be issued immediately; tickets on published fares can be very difficult to change if onward flight times change; bags are not checked though to your final destination.
Published fares are non-refundable.
3. Booking some or all of the flights yourself
You can also book connecting air travel yourself, either to London, or all the way to the start point. There may be certain airlines or routes we don’t have access to, so this is always an option. However, if you make your own travel arrangements you become liable for any delays, cancellations or missed connections, and Exodus is not required to offer refunds if you have trouble reaching the start of your trip.
|You might find cheaper fares, or routes not available to Exodus.
|You are responsible for any delays or missed connections, and the cost of the tour is not protected should you miss your flight be cancelled.
Notes on transfer arrangements
Sometimes it is possible to travel on a different airline to the group flight from London. Where this is the case, we need to think about ensuring you meet up with the group with minimum extra cost and hassle.
- On certain trips, it is easy to arrive on a different flight and still meet the group at the hotel with time in hand. We can usually arrange private transfers (at extra cost) or offer advice on taking a taxi to the start hotel.
- On other trips (especially in Europe), the transfer meets the group flight and then travels some distance to the first night’s accommodation. Where this is the case, our Sales team will try to arrange flights that arrive before (and depart after) the group. However, we do have to make it clear in your final documentation that if your flights are delayed, the transfer cannot wait for you. While Exodus or our local operators will do what we can to help you reach the start point of the tour, any additional costs must be paid by the client.
Call our Sales team on: 0203 733 0698
Email your query: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Adventure Begins Here
Get regular inspiration straight to your inbox from Exodus' experts.