Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

Taste of Cuba

Wed, 02/13/2008 - 12:23

I'm really looking forward to the trip starting on Sunday. If anyone would like to make contact in advance, especially if you are flying out from Gatwick, please do.

Sun, 02/17/2008 - 23:05

Hope you enjoyed your trip to Cuba.  I am leaving for Cuba on 30th March.  On your return could you let me know about the currency .. I am still not sure what amounts of money to take for the two week trip.

Thanks, Jacqui

Wed, 03/05/2008 - 19:11

Hi Jacqui, we took sterling (all cash) and changed some of it at the airport in Havana (best exchange rate we found) and the rest at hotels (where you get charged a bit more). There seems to be no point in taking traveller's cheques and credit cards were only used at the larger hotels (with a hefty 11% surcharge). The two of us used almost £500 for just under two weeks. You'll need to collect a supply of 25 peso coins for trips to the loo!

Have a great time.

Sun, 03/16/2008 - 17:58

I'm leaving for Cuba on the 30th March from Gatwick and looking forward to the trip. 

I don't know how much money to take (£250-£300??) but it seems from other travellers' comments that it's best to take UK sterling and get it changed into Cuban currency at the airport in Havana.

You recently looked at