- This is a special photographic departure which guarantees every possible daylight hour is maximised with early starts and long days.
- An earlyish season departure meaning fewer vessels and a very flexible itinerary.
- The Magellan is best in its class and critically below 100 berths, ensuring maximum time ashore for passengers, not permitted to larger ships.
- The ship has superb facilities and cuisine, is new and has a superb staff, many of whom Paul has worked with.
- The expedition leader is fully aware and embraces what these special departures involve.
- It starts in the Falklands: crucial as it does not waste time at sea for two days sailing from Ushuaia.
- The Magellan Explorer is stable. And quick, vital for cutting down on sea days.
- Both Paul and many of the staff are accomplished photographers so there will be plenty of advice on board. Paul has been guiding these polar expeditions for 20 years.
- Early season finds the ice at its most beautiful and haunting.
- The journey finishes in Ushuaia again maximising precious time.
20 Days from USD 18,995
Guided Group (Incl. Taxes)
The fascinating history and overwhelming wildlife populations of the Sub-Antarctic combined with the awesome beauty of Antarctica itself