Wednesday, February 10, 2016 to Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Elba is the Italian coastline’s hidden gem. The largest island of the Tuscan archipelago is paradise for walkers: hulking granite mountains, wild lavender fields and dramatic cliffs plunging into the turquoise waters of the Tyrrhenian Sea. This is where Napoleon Bonaparte was once exiled – though he receives no sympathy from us, considering the exquisite freshly caught seafood and exceptional regional wines, best enjoyed with sweeping coastal views.
Wednesday, February 10, 2016 to Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Price: Actual Price (twin share)
Price: Total (single rate)
Price: Total (twin share)
All Meals When Camping Flag
- All breakfasts and 4 dinners included
- 7 nights 3-star hotels, all rooms en suite
- 5 days walking and sightseeing
- Leisurely pace on established trails
- Altitude maximum 872m, average 500m
- Group normally 4 to 16, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- All breakfasts and 4 dinners
- All accommodation
- All transport and listed activities
- Tour leader throughout
- Flights from London (if booking incl. flights)
- Elba has a typical sea climate, with rather mild temperatures and occasional rain during the summer. The most frequent wind is the Scirocco (south-east), not very strong, and in the summer afternoons it alternates with the cooler Maestrale (north-west), that helps make your days on the beach more pleasant and less stifling.
Comma Seperated Trip Codes
Weather & seasonality
Discover a true hidden gem of the Tuscan Archipelago.
Breakfasts in Italy are usually continental style and include pastries, yogurt and cereal. The Elban cuisine is a real treat for travellers. Seafood plays an important role, as do wild herbs, vegetables and fresh farm produce.
Activity level: 3 (Moderate)
The walks on this trip are graded moderate. Although some walks will get your pulse racing we will also have plenty of time to rest and admire the views. Over the course of the week, the terrain and type of path will vary from man made paved tracks and tarmac to forest trails. Some areas may be rocky underfoot with narrow, overgrown or exposed paths. Although the walks are not technically challenging, you do need to be steady on your feet. All walks take between 4 and 6 hours including lunch stops and require a moderate level of fitness.
Price: Deposit Required (LO)
Price: Total Price (FI Adult)
Price: Cost Per Day (FI Adult)
Price: Deposit Required (FI Adult)
Price: Actual Price (FI Child)
Price: Total Price (FI Child)
Price: Cost Per Day (FI Child)
Price: Deposit Required (FI Child)
First and last night in a comfortable 3-star hotel in Pisa, 5 nights in a 3-star hotel on Elba Island.
Hotel La Pace ***
This Hotel is conveniently located at a short walking distance to the centre of Pisa and offers comfortable, bright rooms and a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. The en suite rooms include air conditioning and free Wi-Fi.
Hotel Gabbiano Azzurro- 3***
Located in Marciana Marina on Elba Island, the hotel is a few metres from the seafront and pebble beach. It is also closed to shops and restaurants and its large garden features a swimming pool sourrounded by palm trees. Rooms are en suite offering air conditioning and free Wi-Fi.
Approximately 4 - 6 hours walking per day
Low altitude; good paths with some steep ascents
Price: Actual Price (LO twin share)
Price: Actual Price (FI Adult twin share)
Price: Total Price (LO twin share)
Price: Total Price (FI Adult twin share)
Price: Total Price (FI Child twin share)
Price: Actual Price (FI Child twin share)
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request from GBP195)
- Visas or vaccinations
- Admire the unspolit natural beauty of Elba Island
- Enjoy stunning views to the Tyrrenian sea
- Indulge in a wine and local products tasting experience
- Spend time in Pisa and visit the leaning tower
Spend a week walking uncrowded paths of Elba Island
Peak Activity Type (Brochure)