Exodus Travel Hub
Updated 22nd December 2022
Your pre-travel checklist
Welcome to the Exodus Travel Hub, where you’ll find everything you need to know about traveling internationally, all in one place. We’ve gathered the official sources on entry and exit requirements, testing, and other essential information, giving you the latest travel guidance so you can make an informed choice on your next adventure.
We strive to always do right by our customers, and we are proud that Which? named Exodus Travels as a recommended provider again this year for the 7th year running, giving us a score of 5/5 for customer service. We’re also rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot and our team is always available to assist with any questions you may have.
Advice on accessing COVID testing for travel
Providing a negative COVID test may be a requirement for entering your destination country.
If, from the available information it is clear that a test is required, we ask you to choose your test provider in good time. COVID Tests for Travel can be easily found by searching online, with options to test at a clinic, some of which are located at UK airports, or by post.
For travel to countries which have specific entry requirements in place with regards to COVID, we have prepared step-by-step guides to navigate the travel restrictions which you can view here. If your destination is not contained within this list, this means that the country’s government do not have such requirements, and Exodus’ COVID-Clear Policy takes effect (see below).
Your Three Steps to Travel
We’ve made it easy for you to find up-to-the-minute travel advice from official sources, so you can decide in minutes where your next adventure will take you. If you’re traveling soon, please check this page and relevant country-specific guidance before you depart. Find out more about your stress-free travel experience and our book with confidence promise.
YOUR GOVERNMENT’S RESTRICTIONS & ADVICE
Check the latest travel restrictions and travel advice from your resident country’s government sources
DESTINATION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Check the latest entry requirements for your destination
Find out more about how our ‘COVID-Clear’ groups policy works, and what you need to know before you go.
1. Your Government’s Advice
You should ensure you understand any risks of travel to your destination by reading the travel advice from your home government, and make your own choice to travel or not.
UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) Travel Advice
The UK government has also provided this step-by-step guidance for travelling safely following the changes to travel caused by the pandemic.
Ensure you have checked, understand and can comply with entry requirements for your destination country, and for returning to the UK. Please note these will be informed by your individual circumstances, and in particular your vaccination status.
2. Destination Entry Requirements
Check the entry requirements for your destination of choice from your country of departure. Please always check your trip notes first for specific Visa information.
For a quick and easy guide to the latest travel advice by departure and destination country, as well as by nationality, we recommend using the CIBT entry guide below:
3. COVID-Clear Groups
For extra peace of mind, Exodus requires all those travelling on group holidays to have had a vaccine or negative COVID test – known as ‘COVID-Clear’ status. Please ensure that you understand this policy and can comply with it before you travel with us.
In addition, we ask that all customers travel with a small supply of lateral flow COVID tests (we suggest a minimum of five tests person); this is just in case someone on the trip displays symptoms and then tests positive, so we can quickly confirm that other group members have not become infected. In the unlikely event a group member does test positive, we have a protocol in place to ensure that it is handled swiftly and effectively by our local teams, under the oversight of the Exodus office in the UK.
If you are travelling: to a country where one of these is an entry requirement, you do not need to provide Exodus with proof of your COVID-Clear status prior to travel; you can expect this to be checked by your airline and/or by immigration officials when you arrive in the destination country.
If you are travelling: within the UK, within your home country (outside the UK), or there are no entry requirements of this nature, or the requirements do not meet those outlined below for the destination country, you will need to fulfil one of the below criteria. Please hold documentation proving your vaccination status or confirming your negative test result (as appropriate). Checks may be made by our UK based team prior to travel, or during your trip by your tour leader. If you are unable to provide proof when requested on the trip, you will need to take a COVID test locally, at your own expense.
Exodus’ COVID-Clear requirements – All customers will need to have one of the below in place prior to travel.
1. Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The total number of doses must have been given, as required by the vaccine manufacturer (in most cases this is two doses).
The NHS app is the quickest and easiest way to demonstrate this. Select ‘Get your NHS COVID Pass’ and follow the prompts to download this as a PDF.
2. A negative COVID test taken within 72 hours of travel
- This can be either a lateral flow or PCR test
- The certificate provided by your private testing provider can be used to demonstrate this.
What happens if someone tests positive for COVID-19 whilst on an Exodus holiday?
If a group member shows symptoms of COVID-19 whilst on an Exodus holiday, they will be asked to take a COVID-19 test.
If they unfortunately test positive, they will be asked to follow certain measures, where reasonable and appropriate, to protect themselves, the rest of the group and our local staff. Whilst not restricted to the measures mentioned below, the client will be asked to follow some or all of these measures, which may go above any local regulations in place in the country in which the group is travelling: In some circumstances, these steps may include being required to leave the trip.
- If it is reasonable to do so, the customer will be asked to remove themselves from the group. This means that they will not be able to join group meals or excursions/visits. Depending on the individual circumstances, they may be able to remain at the same hotel(s) as the group, or they may be required to arrange their own accommodation elsewhere (with the assistance of the local team and/or the Exodus UK team).
- If it is not practical for the above steps to be followed exactly as outlined, for example due to the location of the group when the positive test result is received, or if it is possible for them to continue to travel safely, the customer may be able to remain with the group. They will be required to take reasonable measures to reduce the risk of transmitting the infection amongst the group. These may include, but are not limited to, not being in close proximity to other group members, wearing a face covering, travelling in a separate vehicle for lengthy journeys (one hour or more), and/or staying overnight in a room for single occupancy. Additional costs will be at the client’s expense.
- The rest of the group will be advised of the positive COVID result, so that preventative measures can be followed.
- If the client is sharing a room with a family member or friend on the same booking, they will also be asked to take a COVID test. If they test negative, they will need to decide whether to also remove themselves from the group in order to remain with their travelling companion, or to continue with the group and make arrangements to stay in a separate room.
- While separated from the group, the client should continue testing, and may re-join the group when two negative test results (taken at different times) have been received. If the client is still positive, they should remain separate from the group until they receive a negative test result.
- The tour leader, local team and Exodus will assist and support the client, however they will be asked to contact their travel insurance provider to discuss any financial implications.
Help, advice and support
The Exodus team, both in the UK and overseas, are on hand to provide you with guidance and support from the moment we first speak to you, right through to after you are back home. Throughout your journey with us, you will have our support.
|Before your trip:|
|Normal office hours (Monday – Friday 09:00 – 18:00 and Saturday: 09:00 – 16:00)||(+44) 208 772 3747|
|Out of hours emergency calls||+ 44 (0)1483695188|
|On your trip and on your way home:|
|Your leader will provide your local 24 hour support contact details||On arrival|
|Out of Hours||+ 44 (0)1483695188|
The Adventure Begins Here
Get regular inspiration straight to your inbox from Exodus' experts.