TYW1111 - KILIMANJARO CLIMB - RONGAI ROUTE - 28 August 2010

Hi

Is anyone booked to climb Kilimanjaro on 28 August 2010 (depart 27th from London)?  I would love to hear from you and maybe share tips on training!

Thanks

Lizzie

Hi Lizzie

I'm leaving for Lemosho route soon (hopefully I've done enough preparation), a good level of fitness is necessary, but there is no need to go overboard, I've seen somewhere that if you can run 2.4km's in 15:30 then you should be fine

You'll need lots of warm kit, as it can get seriously cold on the summit.  Also, the exodus kit bag isn't huge, (60 litres), so you won't beable to take too much stuff

Have fun

Matt Pillinger

Lizzie_Rhodes

Hi Matt

Thanks for your advice.  I have few more months yet to get into shape!

I hope you enjoy your trip.

Lizzie

JamesSDonald

Hi Lizzie,

I am going to Killy on 5th sep, I've had a posting since May with no replies. Would also love to get in contact with others on trip and find out who they are and what they are doing for prep. I've managed to get in contact with another and we're meeting up this weekend to climb the welsh 15. In 2 weeks time off to Mont Blanc for some altitude training. What have you been doing

Jim

JamesSDonald

Hi all and lizzie

There is a lot of us 'Kili Trekers' on this site trying to contact others in they group. I've be in touch with most of you traveling to Kili in Aug, Sep and Oct. As there are a couple of us going to North wales to climb Snowdon on Sat 14 Aug, arriving the friday night and camping out. Sunday will look at Tryfan another lovely walk/climb. Therefore I would love to get as many Kili Trekers together to do some walking and talking. If you are insterested e-mail me on [email protected] I think it would be great to get everyone together and discuss 'Kili'

Hear from you Jim

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Latest Forum Topics

Call us on 1 844 227 9087