Trip - AOG - THAI INDOCHINA GRAND TOUR, Departure Date - Sunday 15 September 2013

I am booked on the above trip , but travelling out to Bangkok a day early on Sat 14 Sept

I am also going on that trip on the 15th Sept but am travelling out on the 12th. Have you booked your extra day's accommodation with Exodus as I have? I will already be in the hotel when the others arrive. If you are interested in doing something/visiting somewhere on the 15th and want some company let me know as I am sure we could arrange something, even it is just meeting up for a coffee/drink/meal. As both our sons have enjoyed visiting Vietnam it sounds great and I am really looking forward to it.  Sue

Yes same hotel  it would be good to meet up and visit somewhere    i think i arrive quite early Sat morning   My daughter loved Vietnam too  I think there are only 5 of us booked on the trip so far Really looking forward to it  Cathy

Hi Cathy and Sue, I'm on that trip along with my wife, Marion, and our friend, Cherry - if there are 5 of us then we are the other 3! We are getting into Bangkok a day earlier, arriving on the afternoon of Sunday 15th. We are booked into the same hotel so are likely to see each other before the formal get together. Good to get some of the jet-lag out of the way! Should be a great trip. Martin

SueBay

I have never used the virtual cafe area of the site before and it seems really strange, knowing who is goiing on the holiday so far in advance, however I am looking forward to meeting you all and  I am sure we will all have great memories at the end of the holiday. Sue

cathyp

looking forward to it too.  Have contacted one other traveller before but never what seems to be the whole group! That must bode well.  Not that long now....

cathyp

still just the five of us

SueBay

I also checked when i paid for the holiday last week. The gentleman seemed surprised when I asked if there was still only 5. I then explained that we had made contact via the Compass cafe and he said that that was unusual, particularly when everyone or at least one person from each party had made contact. Have you booked a single room or are we going to be room mates? S Bayley

cathyp

I have booked a single room.  If you havent looks as though you may be lucky and get one anyway!

Any idea on whether we need trainers?  I would rather not bring/carry them if we don't 

cathyp

Just paid the balance and discovered there has been a late entrant and there are now six of us !

SueBay

I am not taking any, but I am taking comfortable walking sandals. Reading the guide book for Vietnam we are going at the end of the rainy season, so they advise waterproof footwear if that is any use. A pair of crocs maybe? I had a panic when I realised that I had not sent for my visa for Vietnam, for some reason I thought I would be able to get it on arrival.  Fortunately the embassy was very quick , it only took 4 days, that will teach me to read the trip notes more carefully! Looking forward to meeting everyone. Sue

cathyp

Was thinking of taking sandals myself.  Actually off to pick up my Vietnamese visa from their Embassy tomorrow   Exciting!

cathyp

Was thinking of taking sandals myself.  Actually off to pick up my Vietnamese visa from their Embassy tomorrow   Exciting!

banduks

Hi all, my name is Sajida and I am travelling on the trip but departing on Sept 15th. Just wanted to say hello to everyone else who will be on this trip and look forward to spending a month  with all of you... whoever you may be. :)

cathyp

See you all soon

banduks

When I booked in July.. but glad to see that 2 more joined in. :)

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 1 844 227 9087