TAL - Alaskan departing 25th June 2011

Anyone out there booked on this trip - my husband and I  (Pete & Mari) are booked on this.  Never been to Alaska before but really looking forward to this trip.

Get in touch on here if you are coming.  Used this forum for another trip before and we found it very useful swopping tips before going.

Cheers

Mari

Ally_H

Hi,

I've just booked onto this trip. I'm apparently the third person to book onto this trip so i'm guessing you and Pete are the other two!

I've never been to Alaska before either, but I have been to the Canadian Rockies. I've never done a trip with Exodus before either. I'm a bit worried about the grading of the trip, don't want to be lagging behind, but I figure i've got six months to get myself into a bit better shape, but getting practice walking up hills may be a bit more tricky (I live in Lincolnshire!). Any tips you have would be very much appreciated!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Ally

MariShaw

Hi Ally

Yep guess it's us three so far.  We have been with exodus - to Peru and it was overall very good although there were some issues due to internal troubles in the country - not Exodus's fault!  Fitness - yeh good question I would say that when they graded Inca Trail as moderate - it was hard.  We are going for the walking as much as we can and hills when we can get away for weekends to Snowdonia and Brecon or the lakes etc - I guess any fitness is good.  we are in Wiltshire so again not really any hills!

Talk again soon

Mari

PS How old are you we are 43 and 56

Ally_H

Hi Mari and Pete,

I am 27!

I suppose the advantage of this trip is that if you are feeling worn out all the walks are optional, although I would like to do all/most of them! The fitness regime starts now!!! I am really looking forward to the float plane trip, as one of the trips I was looking at had it as an optional extra but at nearly $700! Not however looking forward to the 19hour flight! I presume you and Pete will also be on the group flight?

Ally

MariShaw

Yep on group flights too - guess you are too?  We'll all be fine dont worry!  Sorry not replied earlier - Christmas got in the way!

Mari

Janejaney

Hi, I have just booked this trip today - very excited! I am 27 as well, and travelling solo... Have never been on an Exodus holiday so hoping it's going to be great! I am going on an American Airlines flight as I am having a few days in New York on the way home so will meet you in Alaska! Hopefully we can use this to keep in touch before the trip!

Jane

MariShaw

Hi there. we have ben with exodus before and it was great. Where about do you live? We are in Wiltshire.
See you in Alaska!
Mari

Ally_H

Hi Jane, Mari and Pete.

Nice to see there are now 4 of us about, trip is nearly full so there are more people about somewhere...

Started fitness regime in earnest after Xmas, off to the Lake District in a couple of weeks, so that'll be a test!!!

Really looking forward to meeting you all in just over 12 weeks (and counting!) Mari and Pete i will look out for you at Heathrow.

Ally

Janejaney

Hi, I am originally from Northumberland but am living in the Swiss alps at the moment... Hopefully that is a good enough place to get me fit before we go... My regime hasn't started quite yet but hoping to get hiking at the weekends now that the snow is melting! I am very excited... I'm in England at the moment though sorting to work out what I need to buy here that I can't get/is too expensive in Switzerland

steveandsandee

My husband, Steve and I will be joining you also.  We'll be flying up from San Francisco (I'm American, he's English). We're looking forward to the trip. See you soon

Sandee

Ally_H

Hello Steve and Sandee (and jane, mari and pete)

Really looking forward to meeting you all in 27 days time (not that i am counting!)

Ally

MariShaw

Whose counting?

steveandsandee

We are also looking forward to meeting y'all.  Steve only gets "home" once a year, so it will be good for him to hear the "Queen's" English :)

I'll be the one with the accent :)

We arrive about 20 minutes after the flight from England...so we'll catch up with you at the hotel.

see you soon!

MariShaw

Oh dear not sure we speak Queen's English! We'll start practicing!

Janejaney

Hi everyone... I definitely don't have any queens English!! Getting really excited now! Hope everyone is getting everything sorted! I am arriving a bit later than the group flight so will see you all at the hotel. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Janejaney

Hi everyone... I definitely don't have any queens English!! Getting really excited now! Hope everyone is getting everything sorted! I am arriving a bit later than the group flight so will see you all at the hotel. Looking forward to meeting you all!

MariShaw

Do u want to meet at Heathrow? If so let us have your mobile number
Mari

Ally_H

Hi, I'd love to meet up with you both at Heathrow! A friend is taking me down to the airport so i've promised him coffee and breakfast when we get there (and i've checked in!), but will still be through Security quite earlyish! My mobile no is 07745 298649.

See you next Saturday!!

Ally

Janejaney

Hi Ally and Mari, I am flying from Heathrow as well although I am on different flights to the group ones. What time are you going to be there and what terminal? I am going form terminal 4 on a delta flight which leaves at 12 midday. I was just wondering if you will be there at a similar time to say hi!  My mobile number is 07875398953 if you are! Jane

MariShaw

Sorry Jane we'll be out of there I think by the time you get there we take off at 9.30am
We r going down night before to stay in hotel but guess you are flying in on Sat am?
Mari

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Latest Forum Topics

Call us on 1 844 227 9087