AYU Gorillas and Masai Mara - 3 July 09

Hi,

Is anybody doing the AYU Gorilla trip on 3rd July?

Kate

cmajor

I am going on this  trip, sorting my packing out now :)

alibeck42

Ya, me too... did you guys get visas in advance? (i'm hoping not; cuz i'm planning on doing it there and don't want to delay the group...)

Good luck w/ the packing!

Alison =)

cmajor

I am getting mine there too, I think it will be fine and not delay too much...

Caroline

MandyC

I was lucky enough to do this trip over Christmas and New Year and we were stuck in Kenya airport for hours getting visas so I hope it has since improved.   Whatever happens you are in for a treat and enjoy every second of it.

Mandy

kpalmer1

Hi,

I'm travelling with my boyfriend Chris, neither of us have got our visas in advance. Hows the packing going? I'm trying to pack as light as possible!

cmajor

I am packing....almost finished but it seems i have alot..gues it's easier to cut down. I have a question...how much did people spend on malaria tablets or are you even taking them? i went to pick up mine today and was told it would cost £82.75?

alibeck42

I'm getting my prescription filled tomorrow, but it put me out like 50 quid when i went to India last year (and that was only an 8 day trip!)! So, 80 for 17 days is a little better, depending on which pill you get. (I know some are much more expensive than others...)

Impressive that you're almost finished packing; I *just* started.

That's a relief about the visas. We just need passport pics & money to get it, or is there more to it than that...?

I wonder if the other ppl will join the forum in the next few days; I know there are 16 ppl registered for the trip, or at least there were a month ago... Everyone flying out from Heathrow Friday night?

kpalmer1

Hi, We’ve got malarone maleria tablets, they were pretty expensive!

I didn’t realise that we need passport pics to get the visas??

Yep, flying out of Heathrow Friday night, its coming round quickly now!

Kate

cmajor

Hey, I am flying from heathrow also....3 days to go yay.

I didn't realise malaria talets were going to be so expensive, nor that we needed photos for the visas, but i do have a couple left over so i shall take them.

alibeck42

Hey guys, I was just rereading the trip notes, and it refers to this 'what to pack' list that we should have received in a 'general information booklet sent on booking'. I didnt' get this. Did you?!

Ya, I'm pretty sure I read that on one of the visa sites about passport pics... better safe than sorry I guess.

Btw, if either of you are interested you can find me on facebook if you search alibeck42. (I'm the one in London... =)

See ya in a couple days. 

kpalmer1

Hey,

We received a small booklet with our initial documents…I think it was a fairly general list of things to take as it's the same document for all of the trips.

Ali I just found you on facebook, there are about 500 people with my name so not as easy to find!

Have either of you been to Africa before?

alibeck42

Ya, I spent the summer teaching English in Tanzania a few years back.  So, I've got a very rudimentary knowledge of Swahili to fall back on... The camping will be a new adventure though. (Still running around getting supplies... =)

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 1 844 227 9087