Cycling Indochina - anyone else?

Booked on this trip and will be then doing a week through Vietnam backpacking on my own at the end.  Anyone else booked on this trip? Would love to "meet" others signed up before the trip and share training tips!

rob_and_Karen

Hi Lauren

We are doing this trip but not sure I can offer any training tips. We do a 4 day ride each year and find that providing we are doing a bit of cycling each week we don't have any real problems apart from getting back on the saddle on the fourth day. To try and make this a bit easier with 2 weeks cycling my wife Karen is considering getting a gel saddle to take and I will be taking my own saddle with me. 

An extra week in Vietnam sounds great.  We are off to Scotland in a couple of weeks.  We are planning to spend the week mountain walking but might take the bikes with us for a couple of days mountain biking as well. When we get back we can start to think about the Exodus holiday.

We look forward to meeting you.

Rob & Karen

laurentemple

Great to "meet" you! I think I will also be bringing a gel saddle, as I've read some of the reviews on here that certainly suggest it. My traiining so far has consisted of spinning classes and longer weekend rides (up to 40km so far), so I'm hopeful that the biking won't be too bad...  Have fun in Scotland - looking forward to meeting in person in August!

Lauren

mcollins

Hi,

Me and Lucy are training by cycling around the hills of Devon. Not sure if this is much preparation for the heat and humidity though.  Just got our Vietnam visas sorted and getting jabbed next week.

Cheers, Mat and Lucy

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Latest Forum Topics

Call us on 1 844 227 9087