Machu Picchu, Titicaca & The Amazon-10th May

Hi, I am really looking forward to this trip. Reading my LP guide the other night has made me really excited.  Can't wait.   Would love to hear from anyone else on it. 

Ann

Audrey H

Hi Ann, glad to hear someone else is going, I was starting to panic. Talking about panicing I am working on my fitness, not easy at this time of year (or any time of year for that matter). Just to let you know about me, I will be 58 when I go so it's is now or never as far as I am concerned, and like you starting to get excited. I am from Belfast and hope to travel across the day before so I will be sleeping rough in Heathrow, that will be adventure enough getting from one terminal to the other intact! Looking forward to hearing from you. Aud.

Audrey H

Nice to hear from you Ann, and anyone else out there, don't be shy, remember I may be peeing in a bush near you so we may as well get on first name terms. I was checking up on Yellow Fever jab - £50 so be warned. Ann I am travelling alone leaving the husband, daughters and dogs behind, no problem, I'm very independant, anyway no dishes or shopping for two whole weeks brilliant. Be in touch Aud

Blimey we get everywhere- yes another Paddy.  I am originally from Dublin but live in North Wales now so am transiting out of Manchester not Heathrow-otherwise would have liked to have met up with you for a coffee (or a pint). I am on the same flight out of Amsterdam though so we might meet up there if we spot each other. Trying to work on my fitness too.  Going down the gym 3 times a week and did a four mile walk around the Great Orme last weekend.  Hard to get a weekend here when it is either not raining or so windy that you are stopped in your tracks and feel you are going backwards!  Great to hear from someone else on the trip.  Are you like me travelling on your own?  By the way Happy St Patricks Day for Monday.

Hi Ann & Audrey,

I'm Karen & am also travelling on my own for this trip, going via Heathrow & Amsterdam so I will look out for you! I've had my jabs and have got my Malarone tablets ready... Are either of you doing the Inca Trail day trip - I couldn't get a permit :( , or the Galapagos extension? Are you taking sleeping bags - I'm not sure if I need to bring one!

Karen

scwci

Hi, I will be on the trip too, also leaving the husband and children at home!  I have booked for the Inca trail trip but really wanted to do the moonstone trek, but apparently no-one else was interested.  I am not taking a sleeping bag, decided to hire one instead... should leave lots of room in the bag for buying things.

Sue

Hi Sue,

shame about the moonstone trek, when I booked mine the Exodus guy started telling me about this trek but then said it was for those wanting to do the 3/4 day Inca Trail that couldn't get a permit, rather than for APA that I've booked. I'm sure it will be a great trip regardless! Not long to go now!!!

Karen

Audrey H

If it is just us girls then we can dispense with the lippy and straighteners! I am hoping to bribe some half blind, elderly and idiotic local to kidnap me for a while to avoid coming home. Knowing my luck he'd swap me for a goat. I can only but dream. I am not planning any trips apart from the rafting and I have booked a sleeping bag, less to carry from here.  I was in Nepal in 2001 about the same time of year and at night I was sweltered but we were below 3000 so at altitude in Peru it will probably be very cold. Did you notice with the leaflet on Yellow Fever it says in side effects; "can be fatal" nice one, pity you only read that on the way out of the Surgery, still so far so good. See you soon Aud, PS my official name is Doreen Elizabeth so Audrey is my alias, tell you why later.

scwci

Hi All,

Good news for me, I am now doing the Moonstone trek,  this forum is good, I would never have known that the Inca Trail was full had I not read your messages.  Had the Yellow Fever jab this week, just have to get the Malarone sorted now.  Looking forward to meeting you all.  I am flying from Cardiff to Amsterdam, so perhaps we'll meet up there.

Sue

Hi everyone nice to see new names Sue & Karen. Not been on the site for a while.  I had not planned on taking or hireing a sleeping bag?  Do we need one?  Am taking warm clothes and thermal underwear.  I was in Tibet at high altitude about the same time of the year and got on ok without one even when we got snowed in. Did not notice sleeping bag being mentioned in trip notes?  What have I missed. I am planning to do the one day Inca Trail trek and have been trying to get fit for it!  

Hi all,

I asked the Exodus guy if I needed a sleeping bag and he said no, as I'm not doing the trail bit, he did suggest bringing an 'inner' if I had one, but I don't! I'm planning on bringing lots of layers with me, so I'll just have to wear it all! Not long to go now!

Suki

Hi Ann

My name's Suki. I live in London. I booked this trip back in October. Really am looking forward to it too!! Have never done anything this before. I will be travelling on my own from heathrow via Amsterdam. Think there are 16 of us all together going on this holiday. Has anyone else been in touch?

Take care and see you soon!

Suki

I'll look out for you in Amsterdam! My final trip notes also said 9 travellers. I think I've got most of what I need, except money/travellers cheques, I'm just wondering how I'm going to cram it all in my rucksack...!

Karen

Nice to hear from you.  I am also on my own-travelling from Manchester to Amsterdam and then on the group flight.  Hopefully we might spot each other in the departure lounge at Amsterdam.  I got my final joining instructions last week and think it said there were 9 in the group.    I plan to start thinking about that to pack this weekend so will have a weekend spare if I need to get anthing. Not long to go now!

I know and having to pack for both both warm and cool as well!   Hope to see you in Amsterdam

Ann

Hi Sue
Not to worry-hope you have a fantastic holiday anyway!
Why not start your own forum - I started this one
Have fun

Ann 

Audrey H

Not long to go now, really looking forward to meeting you all. Glad you got the Moonstone trip sorted Sue, who else is on the Inca Trail? Slowly things are coming together it is so hard to know how much or little to take, I think with the range of weather it will just be lots of layers. Just counting the days, my head is just full of it, the sooner I board the plane the better. See you soon Audrey

scwci

Hi Everyone, My departure list says 16 travelling, I wonder why some think 9, are more than one trip travelling together?  Anyone else doing the Moonstone Trek, at least 2 were needed to make it viable.  I think you are right Aud, layers, and hope we don't freeze!!,  Got the kit out yesterday, and just looked at it, can't get my head around packing yet.

See you all soon,  Sue

Hi Guys are we sure we are all on the same trip?  My final joining instructions are def only for 9 and had no choice with trek ie Moonstone or Inca Trail.  ONLY trek on this trip code APA- MACHU PICCHU, TITICACA & THE AMAZON - is the one day optional one into Machu Picchu?

scwci

Hi, you could be right, just phoned exodus and I think I might have been contacting the wrong forum,  I am traveling on May 10th but doing the Inca Trail and Amazon Rainforest (TPJ)... bet you're glad you are not traveling with such a brainless nitwit!!!

Looks like my trip doesn't have a forum.  Might meet up in Amsterdam anyway as we're all traveling on the 10th.

Sue 

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 1 844 227 9087