Trekking in New Zealand April 5th

Would be interested to hear from anyone also booked on this trip.   It sounds fantastic and I am looking forward to seeing new places and faces!

(Gwendoline) Mary 

Me too - this will be my first trip through exodus and my longest break from work since university. 

Richard 

Look forward to meeting you Richard and 3 weeks there will certainly be a good break.   Have you been on other Exodus trips?   My last one was the Inca Trail in June 2007 - a great experience.

Mary 

Nope - as I say this is my first through Exodus, and looking forward to it! Do people usually meet up at Heathrow before hand? I'd like to do the Inca trail someday; I have heard great things about it.

Sorry for the delay - it's a shame this forum does not notify you when people reply... 

(ignore this, it double posted)

Just seen your reply.  No there is not a formal meeting point at Heathrow, sometimes the group are seated together on the plane but occasionally travellers join trips locally.   I will be there quite early and will be wearing jeans, red t-shirt and walking boots and carrying a grey/orange rucksack with Virgin Active Sports logo on it, so come and say hallo if you see me there.   I have been on a few trips with Exodus and 3 with Explore and enjoyed them all. 

See you soon.   Mary 

Mart_Con_344

Hello Mary and Richard

Sorry for being a bit late in joining in. Any way im looking forward to the trip and meeting up it should be excellent. i am so unfit though. Mary, interested to see you did the Inca Trail in June 07....funny i did it in July 07. Small world huh. It was awesome, and great to be away from everything in the mountains. Peru is a cool place.

It would be good to hook up before our long flight. I will have a berghaus back pack and jeans, walking boots and a green Oneil T shirt.

See you soon

Martin

I'm a red-head, which may help pick me out from the crowd. I will be in jeans and hiking boots, probably wearing a fleece over any polo-shirt. I'll have a blue exodus rucksack; along with a black day-bag.

Richard 

Hi Martin

Good to hear from another traveller and I will look out for you and Richard tomorrow.   Look forward to hearing about your experiences on the Inca Trail too.

Not long to go now.....

Mary 

Hi Richard

I had already logged off when you sent your message, but in case you look at this, my understanding is that checked-in baggage can be 23kg divided into two pieces of luggage.  I managed to get my overnight rucksack into the Exodus holdall, good to have 2 bags as we can put some luggage in one to leave behind for the night treks. Re cabin baggage it has to fit in the size regulations, day pack is fine and they allow handbags or computer bag in addition - the latter items were not allowed at the height of the restrictions. 

Ciao for now.

Mary 

Yup - would be great!

Btw - if you're still about, when they say we have a 2pc baggage allowance, do you know whether that is two pieces of hold luggage (plus carry on) or one hold luggage and one carry-on?

I'm presuming it is excluding carry-on...

That's great Richard - hopefully the three of us will find each other and we might even come across some more fellow travellers.

See you tomorrow.

Mary 

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Latest Forum Topics

Call us on 1 844 227 9087