Last minute departures
- Wildlife & Polar
- Types of Holiday
Popular Walking holiday
Try a host of different activities in glorious Turkish surroundings.
I wonder if anyone who has done the trip in January would like to give a little bit of advice?
1) how much is it expected to rain - would you recommend a waterproof shell? Are the kitbags provided by Exodus fully waterproof?
2) the notes don't say anything about the camping: what are the tents like (how many people to one tent?), the sleeping mats: are they insulating from the cold ground? What about food on the trek: does the porterage include the cooking of meals? the general info gives details about restaurants; are we expected to have meals at the villages next to the camps?
3) drinking water. If there's breakfast in the camp, does the leader arrange for hot water that has been boiled enough to be drinkable? Are there hot drinks at night in the camp? If so, has anyone tried taking a hot water bottle with them , to be filled before bedtime (this is what I've done in the Himalayas and the Drakenberg).... it would be useful to know this before packing!
4) is there any kind of privacy for washing or does one do this inside one's tent?
5) finally, can anyone tell me what the ground looks like mid-January? One website mentioned almond blossoms - could this be true? any kind of wild flowers yet?
many thanks in advance for your advice - look forward very much to any tips.