Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

TPJ817 26/04 Inca and Amazon

Anonymous
Wed, 04/09/2008 - 19:33

We are a 50(ish) fit couple married for 30 years looking for a change of holiday with adventure oh and by the way we are interested in photography

Are you one of the other 7 joining us for the Trek of all time?

Currently working out to keep fitness

Even in the gym with backpack doing step ups - that's Annabel!!!

As we are from Lancashire we will be joining at Amsterdam after a flight from Manchester - find us with hiking boots on in case the luggage goes missing then at least we have the most important things

Anonymous
Fri, 04/18/2008 - 22:40

Hi,

Well I am a nearly 30 trying to be fit guy getting very excited that this trip is only a week away!  Hope everybody is getting equally excited!??  Thought I would write a message on this 'forum' to say hello and see if anybody fancies meeting up for a early morning breakfast before the flight from Heathrow next Saturday??!  Or perhaps we will have enough time to get to know each other (or get on each others nerves???) when we get there!??

Just one question if anybody reads this - is anybody taking any altitude sickness pills to take when we get there?  I've heard its a good idea, just wondered if anybody's taking anything or just going to rely on the coca tea??!

Anyway, hope everybody is looking forward to the trip and i will see you all next week.  I will probably be writing a few more entries as i am doing some last minute panicking about what to take!!

See you soon,  Luke

Anonymous
Sun, 04/20/2008 - 15:13

We are taking some altitude sickness pills - not sure if we will take them or not

Our son went last year and when he got off the plane he could not breathe or move easily - said he would have taken them

We have just laid out all our gear ready to pack on Friday - not like our usual holidya gear!!!! 

We are excited with trepidation and don't know how we will get through the working week

Would have joined for a breakkie but flying Manchester to Amsterdam will meet there

Annabel and Mike

Anonymous
Sun, 04/20/2008 - 20:29

Hi Annabel/Mike,

Just sorting my gear out now...think i may be taking too much - bit difficult to judge!  Just watching Bear Grylls - Born Survivor - just getting some survival techniques for our 'extreme' adventure!!??

So these alititude sickness pills..which ones have you got?  Are they only available on prescription?

We will have to meet at Amsterdam.  Back to organising the packing.  See you soon.

Luke

You recently looked at