What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?
There were so many! "A few" include:
- sighting several polar bears on our first day in the ice - and so close!
- spending over two days with a polar bear and its kill, and his interaction with a hungry female, until he left the carcass and swam off to the north, ten minutes before the ship was due to leave
- travelling through the noisy brash ice in zodiacs at the foot of a magnificent glacier which calved in front of us (at a safe distance!)
- watching a young bear exploring basalt cliffs occupied by 60,000 guillemots
- spending time watching and photographing an arctic fox on a rocky outcrop