Do you have any advice for potential travellers?
1. Be prepared for stupid amounts of travelling in the minibus forget the times said on itinerary2. Even if you have never experienced travel sickness take some tablets, I got caught out.
3. Every morning is early, no lie ins
4. Loads of climbing sometimes very steep, take good shoes.
5. We had 3 drivers and 3 guides be prepared for lots of tipping.
6. Not all hotels of the same standard and most have very thin walls and floors can be very noisy, take earplugs if you are a light sleeper.
7. Food is very samey, eggs and fruit for breakfast, club sandwiches or soup for lunch with the odd buffet (way too much at 1pm). ask to be taken to different restaurants, I felt we went to very touristy places be brave say no and find your own place especially at Lunctime.
8. Take mostly light clothing, but you will need a fleece at some point, there are plenty of laundry services along route.
9. Take plenty of Jungle spray, I got so many bites it was stupid.
10. Don't eat the salad I did once never again.
11.Our boarder crossing went very smooth but I don't think this happens every time, people will be there trying to sell you money beware!!
12. Lunch was around 200 when we had buffets but varies.
13. Don't buy duty free in Guatemala if you have a connecting flight through USA they make you put in to cargo or throw it away, it was not wrapped to their standards, if your flight times are tight this could be an issue as airport is big and security a nightmare at Houston. There is no queue jumping as suggested in the trip notes!!
14 Whilst shorts are not widely worn don't worry if you want to.
15 If you arrive on Saturday on the late flight change your money at the airport as banks are shut on Sunday