Do you have any advice for potential travellers?
Although the trip notes given before the trip are quite informative, I believe my fellow travellers would benefit from taking a small questionnaire before embarking on this “life changing” tour, just to make sure they fully comprehend the road ahead, shall we say.
- Have you ridden 100km or more on a real life bicycle ie not on a gaming machine? Have you ridden a gym bicycle at level 15 for more than 20 secs? Do you warm up with a 60minute spin class?
- Have you worn top to toe lycra? Do you own several lycra outfits in bright glowing colours? Do your lycra pants have an inbuilt nappy?
- Do you have a bicycle without a basket on the front? Do you own more than one bicycle to accommodate different terrains?
- Do you and your friends “slip-stream” on weekends? Have you ever worked out your relative velocity?
- Can you name the last 5 winners of the Tour De France? Do you know the chemical name for EPO?
- Can you judge a road gradient by 2% by looking at it from a distance of 100m or more? Can you describe more than 5 different road surfaces and conditions?
- Have you taken your bicycle on a plane with you? Does your bicycle live in the house with you and your family and not in the garage?
- Have you digested something that does not resemble a food item but contains 200 calories? Does having to chew your food irritate you?
- Do you know what chaffing cream is? Have you weed yourself on a bicycle and rode on?
If you answer yes to the above questions you are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE this holiday!!!! This is a cycling holiday that just happens to be in Tuscany, not a tour a Tuscany that happens to be on a bicycle. If like me you don’t rides bikes, didn’t prepare, unsure of what “undulating” country-side actually means and on the chubby side, do the holiday anyway!!!! 7 days after the tour your muscles have recovered, you can sit comfortably in a chair and you have erased the memories of ingesting bugs and drinking sweat. You will be proud as punch of your achievements and only remember the gorgeous views and fabulous dinners with Tuscan wines! Just Do It!!!!!!