Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Who's going to Galapagos & Amazon - 2nd May 2012 ?

Sun, 07/03/2011 - 09:21

Hi, this will be my second trip with Exodus (going to Kenya with them in August 2011); second time to South America, I went wildlife watching in Argentina in March 2010. This trip has a status of guaranteed so there must be at least four of us booked on it (based on the trip info), so who else is going ?

Thanks.

Hugh

Anonymous
Wed, 01/04/2012 - 15:42

Hi Hugh

I'm on the list to go. I've also been with Exodus and Explore a few times before - to Eastern Asian locations. Good trips. Hope this will be too, really looking forward to it.

Caroline

Wed, 01/04/2012 - 20:19

Less than 4 months to go now! Almost time I started watching that learn Spanish DVD.

Hugh

Anonymous
Mon, 01/30/2012 - 17:43

How's the Spanish DVD? I hope you won't put us (or me if everyone is watching Spanish DVDs) to shame and be really fluent in the language. Best I can do is de nada (or something like that)!

Mon, 01/30/2012 - 19:31

No worries there, I normally aim to know a few basics - Yes, No, Hello, Goodbye, Good morning/afternoon/evening, Please, Thank you, and maybe a couple of food/drink items; beyond that I'm likely to get myself into trouble by saying the wrong thing! However since there's quite a few countries in South and Central America that I'd like to visit I'm intending to go a bit further with Spanish, I can also practise a bit on a colleague who speaks Spanish. I'll be making a start on the DVD later this month, so I'll see how it goes.

Anonymous
Sun, 02/26/2012 - 17:53

Hi Hugh and Caroline. I'm joining you guys on this trip - I can't wait - not too long to go now. My spanish is pretty non-existent.....I could probably just about buy a couple of beers and get by with hello, please and thank-you - hoping I can work on it whilst I'm out there! I'm travelling by myself, flying from Heathrow on the KLM group flight. I'm then going to spend a few extra days in the Galapagos at the end of the trip so I can get some scuba-diving in.I'm not too sure which bit I'm looking forward to more - the canoe ride to Napo sounds amazing, but there's going to be so much to see and do in the Galapagos!

Debbie

Mon, 02/27/2012 - 19:42

Hi Debbie. I'm flying from Manchester with KLM so presumably we'll be on the same flight from Amsterdam to Quito. I'm really looking forward to this trip although I'm a bit apprehensive about the altitude in Quito, I've not been above 2200m before, so I won't be rushing off the plane or around the airport!

Hugh

Anonymous
Thu, 03/08/2012 - 21:45

Hi Debbie and Hugh

I got altitude sickness when I got to near the top of Mt Kinabalu in Borneo so never made it all the way up. Hope Quito isn't quite so high. If it is, don't worry you won't be the only one Hugh! Intersted to hear you are staying on for some diving Debbie. I was thinking about that but in the end I got Exodus to arrange a day's diving for me during the Galapogas part of the trip. Maybe you'd be interested in coming along? I'm also flying from London.

Anonymous
Wed, 03/14/2012 - 07:41

Hey

Which day are you going diving on, and how much is it costing? I may be keen, but depends what we'll be missing with the group!! I've just got back from a weeks diving in Egypt (Nuweiba) - had a great time and now ready for the Galapagos! I've trekked both Kili and Everest base camp, so should be OK with the altitude - just don't do anything too crazy on the first day!. I've also just booked to stay at the Yotel in terminal 4 before our early morning flight on the 2nd - I live in London but still didn't fancy catching a cab at that time!!

Anonymous
Thu, 04/12/2012 - 19:46

Hi

I'm not sure which day - it is one of the three days we spend on one of the islands. They are charging £250 for the day, which I am presuming is at least two dives. I was thinking about staying on for an extra  few days but can't afford to take more time off work and I'm desparate to dive with seals and penguins, so it has to be this way! You sound like you have your flight details - what time do we leave? How early is the flight??

Anonymous
Sat, 04/21/2012 - 16:42

Hi Debbie

Got the price for the diving totally wrong. As I sent message I thought that was a lot! I think I paid £150. Still a lot but everything is included.

See you soon

Anonymous
Sun, 04/22/2012 - 10:36

Hey

I did ring Exodus to find out about costs - and they quoted me £250, which I thought was a bit extreme!! £150 is about the same as I'm paying for diving from Puerto Ayora after the trip. I may stil join you, but I'll speak to the tour organiser when out there. I'm getting really excited now!!

I'll see you next week - are you on the 6.30am KLM group flight from Heathrow?

You recently looked at