Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

A week in Jordan - 13 February 2010

Mon, 11/02/2009 - 13:32

Would love to hear from anyone departing on the trip to Jordon on 13 February 2010 or anyone else who may have been in the past for tips on what to expect and what to take.  Can't get the right departure date as the trip is not yet guaranteed.

Anonymous
Sun, 11/08/2009 - 12:08

Hi,

I did this trip last year and really enjoyed it. Highlights were the two treks at Petra and sleeping under the stars at the Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum.

I was a bit disappointed there was only one long(ish) days cycling, but the sights of Petra and the desert more than made up for this.

I would recommend you take some good walking shoes for the treks at Petra and a warm fleece for the night under the stars at the Bedouin camp :o)

If you google "hollinshead cycling" you'll find some pics & info from the trip last year.

Anonymous
Wed, 12/23/2009 - 17:08

Hi Gail M,

My boyfriend (Jonny) and I are on this trip. We've not been to Jordan before but went to Egypt with Exodus this year and have now got the bug.

I'll look forward to seeing any posts from anyone who's been on this trip as well. Especially how cold it is in the Wadi Rum!!

Look forward to meeting you in Feb.

Sarah

Hi Sarah

Great to hear from a fellow traveller.  I was looking at Egypt too for this year - which trip did you do?  I don't know whether to do the Egyptology one or the Discovery trip.  Jordan will be our 5th trip with Exodus and we have never been disappointed.

Gail 

Anonymous
Mon, 12/28/2009 - 18:14

We went on the Egyptian Discoverer and really enjoyed it, it included all of the main sights but also some relaxation time at the Red Sea. I'm sure we will tell you all about it when we see you Jordan!

Look forward to seeing you then, not long now.

Anonymous
Sat, 01/02/2010 - 14:07

Hiya - I just posted a review about my 'Week in Jordan' trip from Nov 2009 and saw your comments so I thought I'd post a quick message.  The trip is fantastic so you've definitely made a good choice.  Expect a country of contrasts, really friendly people and some stunning places that will take your breath away.  I've been on quite a few Exodus trips and this was my best so far - although that was partly down to the group who made me laugh from start to finish. 

The night out in Wadi Rum is fantastic although as you're going in Feb I expect it will be colder than it was for us in Nov.  I didn't actually use my sleeping bag or my thermals as I found the provided blankets warm enough but I expect that might not be the case in Feb so best to be prepared and have lots of layers.

Am happy to answer any specific questions if anyone's got them? - I've bored my friends rigid telling them how wonderful this trip was so am happy to tell someone new!!!

Karen

Anonymous
Tue, 01/05/2010 - 11:38

look forward to meeting you all, the last exodus trip I did was canoe safari in Zambia with my daughter and it was excellent, this time its me and my girlfriend Helen.

Cheers

Pete

Anonymous
Sat, 02/06/2010 - 21:11

My wife and I are booked on this trip and really looking forward to returning to the Middle East; we spent much of the 80's in UAE, including our two daughters being born there.  Last visited Arabia ten years ago, and last/only time at Amman was passing through the airport 30 years ago!!  We're Exodus virgins, although friends & colleague from work are enthusiasts (and one ex-colleague works for them, and i hear he was out in Jordan last week - guess he was checking out things for us, Hee Hee).  Will hope to meet up with some of you at Heathrow (glasses and greying beard, and so too have I!), and looking forward to Petra.  Getting us up in Madaba the first morning after a midnight arrival at Queen Alia will be interesting.

Mike & Christine (Maidstone)

Mon, 02/08/2010 - 13:36

Not long to go now.  I just hope the snow on the east coast won't delay the flight out - arriving in the middle of the night is bad enough, but any longer would mean not a lot of shut eye.  Will more than likely eat at Heathrow before we fly and we always tend to wander round the shops beforehand.  To spot us we will have matching rucksacks which will look full because of having to take the sleeping bags which won't fit in the suitcases.  Gail

You recently looked at