Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Walking in Tuscany

Anonymous
Mon, 02/07/2011 - 17:26

Hi,

I have just booked this trip. Would be good to hear from anyone else going.

John

Anonymous
Tue, 02/08/2011 - 10:02

I am on the trip departing the 17th of April

Anonymous
Tue, 02/08/2011 - 11:06

Hi John,

I'm also booked on this trip - it's my first one with Exodus so I'm really looking forward to trying something new!  Look forward to meeting you on the 17th

Rachel

Anonymous
Tue, 02/08/2011 - 20:07

Hi Rachel,

This will be my 3rd trip with Exodus and so far so good. If you are on the group flight it would be good to meet at Heathrow.

John

Anonymous
Wed, 02/09/2011 - 13:36

Hi John,

Yes, I will be on that flight so would be good to meet up then!

Rachel

Anonymous
Mon, 02/21/2011 - 20:47

Hi Rachel,

Thought I would say hello.

I am getting some practice in soon, going to the Peak District with some friends to do some walks.

Looks like the week in Tuscany is almost fully booked. Looking forward it.

Where about are you from?, I am from Dunmow in Essex.

John

Wed, 02/23/2011 - 10:28

Hi - I am also booked on this trip - my name is Geri (short for Geraldine) and it's my first trip with Exodus, so I look forward to meeting you all soon.

Geri

Anonymous
Wed, 02/23/2011 - 19:18

Hello Rachel, John and Geri,

I'm a first timer with Exodus too.

I've not been walking much through the winter so I need to get doing some training routes to get my legs working again!

Looking forward to meeting you all soon.

Stella

Thu, 02/24/2011 - 11:46

Hi all - the group is growing :-)  My level of fitness is two reasonable dog walks daily so I think I'd better get on the cross trainer as it sounds like I may need to improve my stamina!

Sounds like John is outnumbered at the moment!

Geri

Anonymous
Thu, 02/24/2011 - 21:23

Hi Geri and Stella,

Good to have some more of the group join in on the forum.

I am sure we will all be just fine, I have do a few trips that require a lot of walking/cycling and have found them OK.....I do not do a lot of training. The fact that we are a group helps I think.

Look forward to meeting you.

Geri I am use to being outnumbered. Goes with my Job

John

Anonymous
Sun, 02/27/2011 - 17:27

Hi both,

Yeah, I think we will be ok, I find most groups encourage and support each other.

I live in Sheffield and so walk in the Peak District at weekends. I did my first big walk last year, chamonix to zermatt, without too much training and found that challenging but ok. Anyway there's always the alternative of sitting by the pool reading....

Looking forward to meeting you,

stella

Mon, 02/28/2011 - 09:38

Hi Stella - thanks for the reassuring message :-)  I  am looking forward to the trip and meeting with you all.

Geri

Anonymous
Mon, 02/28/2011 - 21:27

Hi Geri - me too. The place sounds beautiful and I'm really looking forward to the italian cuisine! See you at Heathrow?    Stella

Tue, 03/01/2011 - 07:31

Yes; am going to Heathrow - would be nice for us all to meet up - don't think we have the Terminal info yet do we?  Maybe I haven't read my paperwork properly but I guess we will be met by an Exodus rep for our check in - ...??? 

Geri

Anonymous
Tue, 03/01/2011 - 22:36

Hi Geri, looking at my info we are departing from Terminal 5. I don't see anything about a rep, maybe we will all have to wear daffodils or something! Because it is an early flight I am staying at the Comfort Hotel, Heathrow, the night before with another woman I know who is also on this trip. Do you have far to come?

stella

Anonymous
Tue, 03/01/2011 - 22:53

Hi Geri,

No Exodus rep will be at the airport , A good way of getting together at the airport is to have an Exodus tag on your backpack/bag although there will be others leaving on other trips it is still is a good way of saying hello.

Maybe nearer the time we could arrange to meet at a time outside a shop in the terminal.

John

Anonymous
Wed, 03/02/2011 - 13:50

Hello,

Geri and Stella, good to meet you both, albeit electronically!  And hello again to John!

I'm very glad to hear that none of you have been training too much, I've only managed to get out a couple of times recently and was beginning to worry about it!  Hopefully now the weather is improving that will help.

Would be good to meet up at Heathrow, John's plan of arranging something nearer the time works for me!

Rachel

Anonymous
Wed, 03/02/2011 - 13:53

Sorry John, I've only just spotted the message you sent me a week or so ago, so I promise I wasn't being rude and ignoring you!  I live in Brighton so am able to get onto the Downs fairly frequently (although, from my last post, not as much as I should have done recently!).  I'm very jealous of your trip to the Peak District (and of Stella for living near there) - I had a brilliant week walking there a couple of years ago and must plan to go back some time.  Hope you had a good time if you've already been!

Hi Rachel - good to meet you too online.   I'm still thinking I need to get working on better fitness, cos you all sound pretty fit to me!!  :-)

Geri

Anonymous
Wed, 03/02/2011 - 20:54

Nice to meet you Rachel and hello to Geri and John again. I think meeting up outside a shop in terminal 5 sounds great, don't know any of the shops though, will wait for suggestions! Stella

Anonymous
Fri, 03/04/2011 - 23:32

Hi Rachel,

I had a good weekend in the Peaks was a bit cold wet and windy at times but well worth it. Do not have anymore walks planned before Italy. Going sking for 4 days in Austria so hope I do not break anything.

See you soon 

John

Sun, 03/20/2011 - 08:39

I'd best get in on the discussion, as I will be joining the group in Pisa, having travelled from Australia a few days before.  Hope we get good weather.  Looking forward to some remote walks in the hills.

Rosie

Hi all - I have a suggestion for meeting up at Heathrow Terminal 5 - once you go through into Departures, you'll come across Gordon Ramsay's restaurant - it's called 'Plane Food' and it should be relatively easy to find.  I would suggest we meet up outside there perhaps ???  Guess we can agree the time over the coming days!

Hi Rosie :-)

Cheers Geri

Sun, 03/20/2011 - 21:58

Hi guys & gals - I'm another newbie to exodus but looking forward to the Tuscany trip next month :)  I haven't done much walking recently but will dust off my walking boots and am sure I'll manage !!  Would be good to meet up in the terminal the morning of the flight, I'm also looking at staying in a hotel nr the airport the night before as I'm coming down from Leeds.  Let me know the plan of action and I'll see you there,

Kath

Tue, 03/22/2011 - 11:51

Hi Kath - nice to meet you!  Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has not done much in the way of serious walking.

Not sure if I will drive to the airport on the morning of the flight or stay up the night before - better get my skates on and decide!!

I did suggest on an earlier email, that we all meet up at Terminal 5 - we could do it prior to boarding or in departures, which might be easier.  One option is to meet outside Ramsay's restaurant in terminal 5, or perhaps near the Travellex Currency Desk???? 

Thoughts people?

Geri

Tue, 03/22/2011 - 12:13

Hi - just an update - am now booked into Hilton Hotel at Terminal 4 Heathrow on night of 16 April..

Geri

Anonymous
Wed, 03/23/2011 - 12:57

Just been reading your messages - I'm yet another first timer!  I'm beginning to try harder at getting fit - three more weeks to go so hopefully I'll improve.  Very reassuring to know that few of us don't think we are mega fit (I'm hoping no-one will have to give me a piggy back up those hills!).  Like Geri I haven't decided whether or not to go up the night before, but then I only live 45 mins away from Heathrow.

Sheila 

Wed, 03/23/2011 - 13:39

Hi Sheila - nice to meet you online :-)  Sounds like the ladies are going to be in the majority on this trip - should be fun... 

Am now booked into Hilton Heathrow night before departure, so one less thing to sort out now.

I'm fine doing dog walking on relatively even terrain - not sure how good I will be at a lot of uphill walking though I did a small amount of it in the Alps just after Christmas and boy was that hard work for me!  I will always be at the back so you guys can't hear me having a coronary!!!!

Look forward to meeting up.

Geri

Anonymous
Wed, 03/23/2011 - 14:17

Hi Geri

Nice to meet you too online!  How does one quantify other people's fitness?!  I'm just asuming you are all fitter than me and don't worry Geri, if you have a coronary, I'll be right next to you to help as I shall also be at the back! 

Sheila 

Anonymous
Wed, 03/23/2011 - 14:17

Hi Geri

Nice to meet you too online!  How does one quantify other people's fitness?!  I'm just asuming you are all fitter than me and don't worry Geri, if you have a coronary, I'll be right next to you to help as I shall also be at the back! 

Sheila 

Wed, 03/23/2011 - 14:26

So long as you are qualified in first aider; you can join me at the back Sheila :-)

Fri, 03/25/2011 - 09:36

Hi again everyone - I've finally got organised and booked a hotel nr Heathrow for the 16th (Novotel - finally managed to use some of the lovely A-Club vouchers I rack up through work trips and I've got parking included for the week too!)  I think there's a shuttle bus to the terminal - if not I'll put my walking boots on and hike it !  Meeting outside Gordon's restaurant sounds good to me, I'll be there unless someone comes up with another plan.  Really quite excited now :)

Kath

Anonymous
Sat, 03/26/2011 - 21:25

and nice to meet you Kath, Sheila and Rosie. I  too think meeting outside Gordon Ramsay's sounds a good plan, see folk there and see you Rosie in Italy.

Stella

Sun, 03/27/2011 - 10:50

Hi all - OK sounds like meeting outside Ramsay's is going to work for a few of us.  We need to agree a time I guess over the coming days .....

Looking foward to meeting all of you!

Geri

Anonymous
Sun, 03/27/2011 - 10:56

Hi all

Outside Ramsay's is OK with me too and as Geri says, perhaps we can agree on a time.

I'm now also booked in at the Hilton the night before - seemed a good idea to be nearby for the early start on Sunday morning!  Also parking will be easy.

Sheila 

Sun, 03/27/2011 - 17:33

Hi Sheila - don't know if you know yet what time you will arrive at Hilton, but we can at least meet up in the bar for a nightcap perhaps :-) 

Geri

Anonymous

Is there anyone else going on this trip from the 24th April?

Everyone else above seems to be booked on the week before as above?!?!?

Is there anybody out there....?!

Jason.

Mon, 03/28/2011 - 05:28

Hi Jason. I'd be feeling a bit sad too, if I was the only one in my group!  You can always come on our trip the week before - but now you've announced to the Exodus punters that you're searching for fellow-travellers, they're likely to wriggle out of the woodwork.  Maybe they're just shy. Or nervous.

Unlike us, by the sounds of it.........

Rosie

Anonymous
Mon, 03/28/2011 - 09:45

Hi Jason - I agree with Rosie, I'd forget the 24th April and come with us! 

Hi Geri - great a nightcap in the bar on the 16th is a good idea.  I can be at the Hilton anytime - would 7.30 p.m. or 8 p.m. be OK?  Need to be in bed fairly early, ha!  Let me know what time suits you, I'm flexible - can be even earlier if you want!

Sheila 

Mon, 03/28/2011 - 11:01

Hi Sheila - 7.30 sounds good to me.  If you can just slap 'Exodus' across your forehead; I'll find you :-)

Jason - are you sure you have the right date for your trip?  <only joking>..

Geri

Mon, 03/28/2011 - 12:09

All that support for you out there. What are you waiting for? 

Rosie

Anonymous
Mon, 03/28/2011 - 18:39

Hi Geri

7.30 p.m. it is - look forward to meeting you - I'll wave a flag or something or just yell 'Exodus'!

Sheila 

Mon, 03/28/2011 - 21:02

Sounds like a plan - you could always wear your luggage label around your neck :-)

Geri

Anonymous
Mon, 03/28/2011 - 21:08

Ha!  I like it! ha!  I wonder if Jason will be there....................

Sheila 

Anonymous
Fri, 04/01/2011 - 21:41

Not long to go now, looking forward to meeting you all. I will be hanging around outside the resturant as suggested...maybe inside if the breakfast is tempting. I may stay at Heathrow the night before even though I live not far away..found a good deal of a hotel and 8 days parking for £59. Untill you book it you do not know which hotel it is but it is but is on the hoppa bus route so close to airport. Will update you with the name and if you are staying would be good to meet for a drink.

See you all soon

John

Wed, 04/06/2011 - 20:06

I've just booked my place, looking forward to meeting you all at the airport!

Jackie

Anonymous
Wed, 04/06/2011 - 23:05

Hi everyone!  Not long to go now - are we getting excited?!!

Seems like most of us will be meeting outside Gordon Ramsay's Restaurant -no time has been set but presume it's after we've all checked in.

Sheila 

Thu, 04/07/2011 - 12:53

Hi all - I'm looking forward to the trip now !!!  I would suggest we meet at 7.30 a.m. outside Ramsay's - does that work for most of us?  Would be better to hook up outside the entrance.

Sheila - look forward to meeting you at the Hilton at 7.30 p.m. Saturday evening - I'll get into the hotel around 6.30-7.00 p.m.

Cheers

Geri

Anonymous
Fri, 04/08/2011 - 08:20

Geri - 7.30 a.m. outside Ramsay's sounds good to me.  Looking forward to meeting you too at the Hilton - I shall probably be checking in around the same time.

Sheila 

Sun, 04/10/2011 - 20:46

Look forward to meeting everyone - most of you outside Ramsay's, Terminal 5, at 7.30am on Sunday morning!  See you all soon x x

Anonymous
Sun, 04/10/2011 - 22:42

Hope to see you all next Sunday......have had a bit of a trauma at work..not sure what I am working...it may be that I have to work to 5am on Sunday morning and go to Heathrow after that. If I am lucky will finish on Saturday at 7pm . I have booked in at the Premier Inn for that night.

John

Pages

You recently looked at