Find your adventure

search-wrapper

kilimanjaro trek 26th october 2010

Anonymous
Sat, 08/21/2010 - 19:25

anyone going on this trip?

Anonymous
Mon, 08/23/2010 - 19:46

Hi there, me and two of my friends are on this trip. They'll both be Africa already but I'll be travelling from London on 26th. Are you doing the trip solo?

Anonymous
Thu, 08/26/2010 - 09:19

Hi there, yes I am alone. Am travelling from London on Tuesday, booked land only, and meeting Exodus people on Wednesday in Marangu. I,ve got a feeling that they will be on same flight as me, might see you at airport?

Anonymous
Fri, 08/27/2010 - 14:51

Hi, I'm on for this too. Flying out of Heathrow on 26th so see you at the airport. Very excited!

Anonymous
Fri, 08/27/2010 - 20:42

Hi both, I'm guessing we'll all be on the same flight from Heathrow on 26th??? Where about are you from? Are you going straight home after Kilimanjaro? We're going to Zanzibar for a few days. Have either of you done much training?

Heather

Anonymous
Thu, 09/09/2010 - 18:41

Hi Heather and anyone else, I am from London and going straight home sadly. Have mainly been walking up and down some big hills for 3-4 hours every weekend. Been limited with running cause of dodgy knees! See u at Heathrow 26th, Straggler! 

Anonymous
Fri, 09/10/2010 - 13:52

Unfortunately I haven't managed to do much training, as I too have a knee injury from running and probably won't be running again until the New Year. Although I'm perfectly happy with my fitness, I was in training for a marathon until a few weeks ago. Lots of physio before I go, plenty of rest and strapping and I'll be fine. I'm hoping to get a few walks in before I go but as I've only just got off cruthces I may wait until next month. Have you got all your equipment? I think we'll be hiring some stuff like sleeping bags and poles. 

Anonymous
Sat, 09/11/2010 - 17:09

Hi again,

I'm from London and will be coming back here straight after. Bought some essentials for the trip today, planning to hire sleeping bags and such instead of carting it all from here.

Looking to do some training - running a half marathon in a couple of weeks but haven't trained at all so a bit unsure about finishing it!

If you're in the London area and interested in doing some trekking/walking as part of training for the climb, please let me know.

cheers,

Nithya

Anonymous
Wed, 09/15/2010 - 13:51

Hi both,

Have you arranged your visas yet or are you planning on doig this on arrival?

Heather

Anonymous
Fri, 09/17/2010 - 14:42

Hi Heather,

I was considering taking the 'visa on arrival' route but called the embassy today and they recommended (highly!) that I get the visa sorted before travelling so might just do that.

Nithya

Anonymous
Fri, 09/24/2010 - 20:42

Hi both, yes I'm getting mine at airport, Tom Bowring says it is ok to get it there, I will have plenty of time. I did start appling on-line to embassy but then realised it was going to cost me special delivery both ways so adding a lot to cost! Are you both on Exodus transfer from airport, I am making my own way.

Anonymous
Wed, 10/06/2010 - 16:36

Yes I'm having a transfer on arrival at Kilimanjaro. Are you both flying from Heathrow on 26th with Kenyan Airways? Unfortunately, I read this today having applied for my visa only yesterday (costing me £55 in total) - argh. Oh well!

Anonymous
Fri, 10/08/2010 - 20:00

Yes, I'm on the Exodus transfer too. Received my Tanzanian visa today! Thought it best to have it done before going - just in case...

Anonymous
Thu, 10/14/2010 - 13:04

Hi both, have either of you had your kit bags yet??? My friends who are meeting us there left for Africa on 2nd october and were told they'd have it before, but never arrived! Hope mine does, spent enough on kit without having to buy a bag as well.

Had my visa yesterday as well, phew! Spoke to Tom Bowring last week, apparently there are 12 people on our trip.

Heather

Anonymous
Sat, 10/16/2010 - 10:08

Hi Heather, I got my kit bag last evening. Going to be tough carrying it when its full!

Are you taking malaria pills? I'm undecided still....

See you in about 10 days. If we don't see each others' kit bags before check-in at Heathrow, I'm not sure we'll meet until we get to Kili!

Anonymous
Sat, 10/16/2010 - 17:13

Hi again both of you, I'm getting a bit nervous! I am on Kenya airways so see you at Heathrow. Someone suggested you pack the kit bag flat in your normal bag with wheels to travel to marangu with and just use the exodus bag on the trek. You can leave your own bag in hotel.Does anyone know if it is waterproof or do we line with plastic bags?

Anonymous
Mon, 10/18/2010 - 12:48

Hi both,

Yes my bag arrived, well actually two bags, not sure why. maybe they know how much stuff I plan on taking. Yes I'm flat packing it into a suitcase, as I plan on keeping a few things in the hotel as well as my stuff for Zanzibar.

Without a doubt I'm taking Malaria tabs, well malarone to be precise. I'm the unlucky person who always gets bitten. I'm yet to go on a holiday without having at least two days in bed having contracted something (again, beginning to think this whole trip may be a bad idea!). It's not worth the risk to be honest. To save you money, I would recommend booking an appotinment with the pharmacist in Tesco rather than your doctor, this way you won't have to pay for your prescription and could save you quite a lot of ££ (I found this out in hindsight).

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hx

You recently looked at