Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Kilimanjaro - end of October 2009

Anonymous
Tue, 07/14/2009 - 16:26

Hi,

just wondering who will be joining us on the slopes of Kili later this year!

cheers

Jay & Jennifer

Anonymous
Thu, 08/20/2009 - 11:20

just thought I'd check again... :)

Anonymous
Tue, 09/08/2009 - 17:16

anyone..... :(

Anonymous
Tue, 09/15/2009 - 18:16

Jay, Jennifer,

good to see we're not going up alone - I only booked this a couple of weeks ago - sorry you've been waiting since the 14th of July for a post!

It's the first time I've "done a mountain" - my normal challenges of choice involve ratfing or cycling. So I'm really boring my friends with chat about kit and altitude sickness and just keep watching the Comic Relief stuff on YouTube - what about you?

Cheers

Graeme 

Anonymous
Mon, 09/21/2009 - 20:14

Hi Graeme,

two weeks ago! and we thought we'd left it late!

Yes we've watch the youtube of the comic relief trip, although I'm getting a bit purturbed by the number of people who've said to me, "if Chris Moyles can do it..." what are they trying to say????

This will be our first mountain together, althought Jennifer used to live in California so spend a lot of time up in the Sierra Nevada mountains and we have "climbed" Snaefell & Snowdon in our preparation for this trip, although now its only weeks away, I'm starting to regret not hitting the gym!

Jennifer has been running half marathons to keep fit, I've spent most of my spare time watching football or at the pub... sometimes both... maybe they have a point about that Chris Moyles thing...

We seem to spend a lot of time on ebay trying to pick up cheap gear, I'm sure we have far more than we need, so if we'd've planned it properly we probably would have spent a lot less on brand new and more appropriate gear...

Anyway, we're really looking forward to this trip and to meeting our fellow climbers, see you soon!

Jay & Jennifer

Anonymous
Thu, 09/24/2009 - 13:03

Jay & Jennifer

yep - the Chris Moyles comments appear to be a common problem and they get more annoying by the day. 

However, now I'm looking forward to a long walk talking about football and beer - two of my favourite subjects!

Cheers

Anonymous
Tue, 10/13/2009 - 13:49

less than two weeks to go... and I broke my sunglasses!!!!  Must remember to take a spare pair! :)

Anonymous
Fri, 10/16/2009 - 12:59

Hi Jay and Jennifer, I cant believe that Roger Platford said we are on the exact same climb.

There are 3 of us, Darren, Jeremy and myself and we are all very excited.  Cant believe its only 1 week away and still so much to do...

Anonymous
Wed, 10/21/2009 - 10:10

Hi David, we started packing past night - how the hell does anyone manage to get all their gear down to 15kg!!! We've had to be really ruthless in what we are bringing, so all the whiskey and vodka is being left behind... :(

Seriously, I think we'll just have to wear warm weather gear all week, even in the Jungle! Haven't even got room for my speedos!

You recently looked at