Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Kilimanjaro Climb - Shira Route - 23rd December 2009

Anonymous
Mon, 12/07/2009 - 14:24

Hi, I'm on the Kili climb that departs Weds 23rd December 2009, for which you can't select the correct departure date in the dropdown! Just wondering who else I'll be treking with. It would be great to hear from you if you're on this trip!

Karen :-) 

Anonymous
Sun, 12/13/2009 - 23:09

Hi Karen,

I'm doing the Kili climb too : ) and travelling on my own.

Are you prepared and ready for this trip?  I booked this trip only 2 months ago and can't believe its about a week away!  I'm excited but slightly anxious as have not trained enough for it.

Cheers,

Laura 

Anonymous
Tue, 12/15/2009 - 14:37

Hi Laura,

I'm the same as you, probably booked less than 2 months ago and not at all prepared or trained! I do a lot of running but, I'm not a walker. Just hoping my running stands me in good stead. I'm even struggling in knowing what to pack, lol.

Karen:-)

Anonymous
Thu, 12/17/2009 - 15:17

Hey Excellent, I'll pack my shorts! I really have to buy the rest of things this weekend. I've just been far too busy to sort things. Are you taking a proper walking jacket as well as a duvet jacket, or just a water proof jacket? (I'm hiring the duvet jkt).

We'll have to arrange to meet at Heathrow at check-in. I'll be travelling down on the train, aiming to get to Heathrow at 6ish. Where are you travelling from?

Karen :-)

Anonymous
Fri, 12/18/2009 - 16:26

I still have yet to pull my packing together, have got the big items already and need the smaller nick nacks like energy bars/food, etc.  My clothing is gonna be layering as we are going from one extreme to another.  I am not bringing or hiring a duvet jacket - am I mad?! (guess will find out when I'm there).   I am going with a warm light weight jacket, fleeces, icebreaker thermals, a waterproof jacket and trousers.  Hope that should be sufficient. 

I'll be travelling from London and aim to be there at 6ish too.  Fabulous, we should met up - any suggestions on where in airport?  Look forward to meeting up and really excited about the trip! : )

Laura

Anonymous
Sat, 12/19/2009 - 14:52

Hi, I have just bought a lightweight waterproof jkt, I'm going for the layers too although I will have my duvet jkt on standby. I think I'll only need that on the night trek to be honest, if at all. Just need some trousers now, and then I'm sorted, apart from the usual last min frantic packing!!!

I will just head for T3 and locate the check-in desk so I could text you when I get there, or you text me if there first. My no is 0797 9243634.

I'm also excited now....nervous as well though!! :-)

You recently looked at