Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

THE INCA TRAIL Trip code: TPT - Departing 11th November 2009

Anonymous
Fri, 07/10/2009 - 12:53

Hi there

Anyone out there that has signed up to this trip ?  Would be good to hear from you

Laura

Anonymous
Tue, 07/28/2009 - 22:34

Hi Laura

My wife Andrea, our friend Ruth and me are on the trip. We fly out on the 6th to do the Amazon rainforest extension first and then do the Inca trail afterwards

Have you looked at the Arrivals gate to see the advice on what to take?

Jason

Anonymous
Wed, 07/29/2009 - 12:43

Hello Jason

Thanks for getting in touch - its good to hear that there are 3 of you going.  I hadn't looked at the arrivals gate until you had mentioned it and just been having a nosey.  That checklist seems really good and have printed off some of the comments from people. 

I'm travelling on my own from Scotland.  Will need to start looking at buying things now so I don't forget anything. 

I know one person that did it said that you can't have enough batteries (Or memory cards) with you as the batteries don't last long at that altitude.

Laura

Anonymous
Wed, 08/26/2009 - 15:44

Hi all,

I am booked on this trip also. I will be travelling by myself so I am a bit scared but very excited!!!

I look forward to meeting you.

Leanne

Anonymous
Wed, 08/26/2009 - 16:25

Hi Leanne

I'm travelling on my own too and bricking it.  Once I'm on the plane heading towards Lima I'll be fine..... or atleast I hope I will

Looking forward to meeting new people.

Laura

Anonymous
Fri, 08/28/2009 - 19:42

Hi Laura, it's good to hear from you. I am pretty scared too but I know it will be a brilliant trip and worth going. Looks like it is now fully booked!

Leanne

Anonymous
Sat, 10/10/2009 - 10:06

Hi All

Just signed up to the trip myself, looking forward to it.  Will be flying in from London, will be nice to meet you all.  Going to view the pages suggested above and see what tips I can pick up,   

Ravi

Anonymous
Sat, 10/17/2009 - 14:19

Hello there

I was involved in a road traffic accident last month (had to get leg cut off - below knee) so they could get me out.  Therefore I've had to 'postpone' this trip until I get a limb fitted and can walk again.

I wish you all the best - enjoy the trip

Laura

Anonymous
Tue, 10/20/2009 - 13:41

Hi there,

I just logged on to see who was coming on 11th November, and saw the message from Laura. I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I really hope you're back trekking again soon.

Jane

Anonymous
Thu, 10/22/2009 - 10:40

Hi Laura, I'm so sorry to hear about what happened but I hope you'll get to do the trip soon.

All the best, Leanne

Anonymous
Thu, 10/22/2009 - 17:27

Thanks for your message Leanne and Jane..... I'm sure I'll be walking again soon.... If you get any good photos of the trip, please post them so I can have a nosey.

Not long till the trip..... hope you have got all you need for what seems an amazing trip

Laura :-)

Anonymous
Wed, 10/28/2009 - 18:40

Hi Laura  so sorry to hear about your accident, hope you are soon feeling better and out and about trekking again.  Not long to go now for us, hopefully we'll get some good photos for you and post them on here when we get back.

Andrea and Jason

Anonymous
Mon, 11/02/2009 - 19:06

Hi laura, very sorry to hear your news. 

Everyone else, see you all next week!

Anonymous
Mon, 11/02/2009 - 21:33

Blimey, I thought my sprained ankle was crap timing! Hope you are well on the mend Laura. Maybe we'll see you on future trips!

Rich and I (Dawn) will also be travelling from London next week. Looking forward to meeting you all for what should be an amazing trip. Don't feel prepared in the slightest but am kinda hoping that everyone is feeling like that.

Anonymous
Tue, 11/03/2009 - 12:41

Hi Folks - I'm on the trip too, travelling alone and also very nervous!  Looking forward to meeting you all.

Kerry

Anonymous
Tue, 11/03/2009 - 12:57

Quick questions folks - an Exodus kit bag has arrived - but I think its optional to use this (or not!)??

I read the instructions and it seems we will be given a smaller bag (out there) to put our stuff in for the trekking days... have I got that right?? 

Thanks!

Wed, 11/04/2009 - 18:13

Yes you can bring your own bag, on my trip one person had a pink wheeled suitcase. A soft sided duffel bag is easier to pack on the mini buses/camels/mules/yaks used on these trips compared to a suitcase that is why they supply you with one. I use my own duffel bag these days because the handles on the Exodus bag hurt your hands, it does not have a shoulder strap and you can't lock the zips securely.

They give you a smaller army style draw string duffel bag to repack for the trail.

Cheers

Jon

Anonymous
Wed, 11/04/2009 - 22:24

Hi all, i've had to get so much more than I realised and I'm sure I'll still forget something!

Exodus said it is fine to take a normal suitcase and then use the kit bag for the trek. Is that what most people are doing? Although with that and my sleeping bag in my suitcase I'm scared I won't have much room left for anything else!

Hope everyone is getting excited :-)

Anonymous
Sun, 11/08/2009 - 12:52

Hi all,

I'm also on this trip.  Travelling solo and flying out from London on Wednesday.  Looking forward to meeting you all.

Chris.

Anonymous
Sun, 11/08/2009 - 14:47

Hi All

I am somewhat unsure about what to pack and not to pack, good to see some useful tips here.  Does anyone know if we can store excess items at the hotel or something while on the trek?

I will be travelling from London, if you are on the same Iberia flight and you see a chap sleep walking then it will be me, feel free to wake me up and say hello

Ravi

Anonymous
Mon, 11/09/2009 - 11:06

Hi everyone. Is anyone else travelling from Manchester via Amsterdam? Otherwise I'll catch up with you all in Lima. I'm travelling solo too, and I'm getting very excited about the trip! Jane.

Anonymous
Mon, 11/09/2009 - 19:05

Hi Ravi, we will be leaving our main bags at the hotel whilst on the trek and then using the kit bag on the trek.

I hope everyone is almost ready - I've got the day off work tomorrow to pack!

:-)

You recently looked at