Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Inca Trail - October 2nd 2013 - is there anybody out there?

Fri, 03/15/2013 - 16:58

Hi. I know that there are still over 6 months to go, but I just wondered whether anyone else had booked for the Inca Trail in October. I'm really looking forward to the trip and would love to hear from any fellow travellers.

Anonymous
Sun, 03/24/2013 - 16:12

Hi. 

Rich & I are also going on this trip.  It seems a long while away, but I'm already really excited. Its good to meet you (virtually anyway!) 

Claire

Tue, 04/30/2013 - 18:13

Hi Claire and Rich.

Good to hear from you, and like you I'm really quite excited about the trip. This is trek number 3 for me, but the first that I will be doing on my own, so it will feel a bit strange to start with.

I really need to do a bit of background reading about the trail, and the Incas generally. I am sure that it will be fascinating, and I'm also looking forward to having a good look around Cuzco. 

Time is flying by, and so now it is only just over 5 months to go. Just got to get fit and keep fit now! 

Enjoy the summer. 

Pete

Anonymous
Mon, 09/30/2013 - 21:10

Hi Pete

Wow, it's pretty much here. Just got to drop the cat off tomorrow and that's it.

I've packed and re packed my bag, and can't believe no one else has posted here. It might just be you and us Pete. I'll look out for you at the airports to tell us all about the Inca's!

2 days, that's all.......

Mon, 09/30/2013 - 23:02

I'm really pleased to hear that you are still coming. Like you, i can't believe that it is only 2 days until we go. Unlike you, I'm not packed!! I have been away for the weekend and have only just got back. That said, most of the things I hope I need are out and ready to be put in one bag or another. It is just a puzzle as to what I put in my day bag, what goes in the bag to take on the Trail, and what stays in Cuzco. I still can't quite decide on whether to take my down jacket, but will probably err on the safe side.

I understand that there are only 7 of us - strangely this is 3 down on the 10 that had booked in July. A shame that some have obviously cancelled. Still, I'm sure it will still be a great trip, and a great group.

Any plans for Thursday/Friday after we arrive? I hope to go on some of the organized tours to take in some of the local atmosphere and history.

I have booked my flights myself and so am not on the group flights until the Lima/cusco leg. I will be flying on UX0075 (Air Europa) from Madrid to Lima. What about you?

I look forward to meeting you - and please don't expect too much about the Incas from me, I was expecting to learn from you!

Safe journey.

Pete

You recently looked at