Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Inca Trail and the Amazon Rainforest 28 May 2011

Anonymous
Sun, 02/06/2011 - 14:40

Hi

My name is Gordon and I am traveling on the said trip alone and just thought I would try this out to chat to anyone on the same trip before we depart.

I look forward to meeting you on our adventure.

Regards

Anonymous
Wed, 03/30/2011 - 13:03

Hi Gordon

I'm on this trip with my partner Hazel and our friends Robert and Moraig. Paid the invoice yesterday so the countdown has begun! Just need to ramp up the walking training now....!

Regards

Alan

Anonymous
Wed, 03/30/2011 - 19:50

Hi Alan

Just over 9 weeks to push. Apart form the last couple of weeks I have been walking around with ankle weights on and doing about 8 miles carrying weight at the weekends. Not much but it helps. Work takes me to Germany for two weeks next week so I will have a walk this weekend the start again when I get back. Happy training, it will so be worth it.

Regards

Gordon

Anonymous
Wed, 04/06/2011 - 17:20

Hi,

Me and my sister are also on the trip. But now you've got be worried as I haven't really done any training - I'm working on the theory that the porters will be carrying most of the kit - I think the altitude could be the killer, but I don't think you can train for that?

Is anyone else travelling with KLM rather than Iberia?

Any thoughts on Malaria pills? 

See you all in May

Karen

Anonymous
Wed, 04/06/2011 - 20:22

Hi Karen

Get some good boots along with good socks and do some walking to get used to/break in the boots. Stamina will be the key I think, if you are reasonably fit you should be fine and we will encourage each other on. Altidude may be an issue but thats a bridge we will ahve to cross when we come to it.

Im traveling Iberia Im afraid. As for malaria tablets my health centre advised to get some which may be needed for the rain forest part of our adventure. I am out of date with yellow fever which I still have to arrange and it isnt cheap!

If you look at the link it gives you details on what to expect and says that the porters will only carry 7kgs for you and you carry the rest. Have a look at previous trip comments about what to take.  

Unitl we meet in Lima :)

http://www.exodus.co.uk/holidays/TPJ/trip-notes

Anonymous
Thu, 04/07/2011 - 13:59

Just out of interest, which trek are you all doing? We're doing the Moonstone.

Regards

Alan

Anonymous
Thu, 04/07/2011 - 14:04

Hi Karen

The advice I've taken is the course of malaria tablets that starts the day before travelling and continues for a week after you leave the area.

Like Gordon, I'm getting yellow fever plus typhoid and rabies.

Not sure yet about the airline. I'll let you know as soon as I get the info.

Alan

Anonymous
Mon, 04/25/2011 - 21:12

Hi Guys

We're flying via KLM so we have an early start on the Saturday to Amsterdam.

We're still undecided about hiring a sleeping bag ar buying one here. Any thoughts would be welcome.

We've done a couple of local walks this weekend (Easter) but next weekend we're walking in Snowdonia. Hope the weather holds!!

Alan

Anonymous
Wed, 04/27/2011 - 18:55

Hi

I have read about Iberia airways on here and it seems Ive dipped out flying with them, oh well, lol.

I bought a season 3 sleeping bag from Blacks, I will always use it again even though I have others one for each season now. I found a deal two for one on-line at less the single price and sold the second within minutes. A good bag, a great deal.

Been walking but without hills unfortunatley, still using the ankle weights though.

Alot still to think about, what to pack?  

Before you know it we will be in Lima at the start of our adventure :)

REgards

Gordon

Tue, 05/10/2011 - 15:48

Hi,

Linda and I (David) are also flying KLM, we fly from Norwich to Amsterdam.

Busy training, but not many hills in Norfolk!

Anonymous
Mon, 05/23/2011 - 20:00

its gonna be a tense week :(

Anonymous
Tue, 05/24/2011 - 09:11

Fingers crossed - I'm looking forward to it!

Anonymous
Tue, 05/24/2011 - 09:46

HI all!!

Sods law that after all of the preparation, the Vikings thwart us at the last minute!! Remaining upbeat about it, strong winds, heavier ash not travelling so far, better info than last time..... and yes, my fingers are crossed as well!!

See you all soon.

You recently looked at