Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Great Wall of China - October 9th 2013

Anonymous
Thu, 05/30/2013 - 23:48

Hi, I'm Tracey and I'm looking forward to the trip on the Great Wall of China in October. I'm told that others are booked on to this trip although I can't find any other postings to date so do please get in touch, it would be great to hear from you. I've not been to China before and am excited, curious and a bit anxious all at the same time!

Anonymous
Thu, 07/11/2013 - 19:08

Hello, I'm booked on this trip too.  Like Tracey, I've never been to China before, but I've done three previous trips with Exodus, and always find them well organised and with excellent guides.  One tip I've found useful is to fly with your Exodus  kitbag packed flat in a larger suitcase which you can leave behind at the hotel in Beijing with fresh clothes for your return from the trek.  I'm travelling on the group flight from Gatwick, flying down from Edinburgh that morning, so I'm looking forward to meeting more fellow travellers at departure. John

Anonymous
Thu, 07/11/2013 - 23:59

Hi John, it's good to know that there are others out there on this trip and thanks for the tip about the kitbag.  I'm also travelling from Gatwick but don't have to travel as far as you to get there as I live in Bedfordshire. It's good to know that you've good experiences of Exodus on previous trips too. I wonder if you or any of the other travellers are thinking of taking the extra trip to see the Terracotta Warriors?   

Anonymous
Fri, 07/12/2013 - 08:42

Hello Tracey, I asked Exodus about the extension to see the terracotta warriors, it's an extra £700 before your own spending money, which seems a lot for what's really just an extra day, so I decided to give it a miss. I saw some of the warriors at an exhibition in London a few years ago, but seeing them in situ would be good. Exodus told me no-one else had booked the extension trip and it might be cheaper of more people went. I believe there are now only 3 places left on our trip.

Anonymous
Mon, 08/12/2013 - 16:32

Sorry - I didn't see this exchange before I booked!

I was going to do the wallwalk plus extension, but like you was put off by the £700 price tag, which is how much it costs just to put it on for one person. I changed my booking to the previous week which already had 5-6 people on the extension so I got the 'normal' cost: £400 plus £36 single supplement if you're not booking a shared room. Still quite a lot for two days, but I've been told it is worth it.

This info is too late for people travelling this year but might help people planning for 2014.

(If they read this in advance. Like I didn't)

Richard

Anonymous
Thu, 09/19/2013 - 23:02

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your response, I hope you enjoy the Terracotta Warriors. I checked again recently and still no-one had booked the extension so you were probably wise to change your dates. I'll look forward to reading your comments about them when you get back.

I've only got about three weeks to wait now for the trip - but you'll be there before me, I hope you have a great time!

Tracey

You recently looked at