Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Galapagos Islands: 9th April 2012 departure

Anonymous
Thu, 01/19/2012 - 18:16

Hi, are there any other fellow travellers on here joining me in the Galapagos?

This will be my second trip to the islands with Exodus - I was on the Easterns islands trip last April. That was fantastic - so good that I was keen to experience the Western islands as well!

Let me know if you have any questions about life on the Cachalote.

Mark 

Anonymous

My friend Karen and myself are joining this tour in Quito as we are flying out on the Friday before to have a few days to explore Quito. Although both of us have travelled previously in South America neither of us have been to Equador.
I have spoken to Matteo at Exodus today and believe there are 10 of us on the tour so am looking forward to meeting everyone.
Linda

Anonymous
Tue, 01/31/2012 - 18:37

Hi Karen and Linda, if your trip is departing on the 16th you are on the tour the week after me (I'm on the Itinerary B tour starting in Quito on Monday 9th April). In that case I will be Purto Ayora the day you arrive on the Galapagos - I'm staying on the islands an extra day as my return flight to the UK isn't until the Friday, and I would rather spend the extra day in the Galapagos than Quito. Matteo has also been helping with my booking - he was actually on my last trip to the Galapagos (checking out the new itineraries for Exodus - a difficult job but someone has to do it...)

Anonymous
Tue, 01/31/2012 - 18:48

Mark
I saw your message and that you were on the trip the week before. We can say hello as our paths cross.
I have spent a lot of time in Peru and want to check out a couple of the museums in Quito as I love the culture and art.
Karen lives in Barcelona so is also a lover of Spanish colonial culture
After the islands we are doing the Napo extension
Linda

Anonymous
Tue, 01/31/2012 - 19:10

In might see you on Wednesday afternoon in the Garrapata restaurant in Puerto Ayora. I'm pretty sure that is where the Exodus tours have a late lunch on arrival day, in between looking for giant tortoises in the highlands (we saw two last time) and visiting the Charles Darwin Research Station (where we failed to see Lonesome George last time!)

The National Musuem of the Central Bank in Quito is well worth a visit - some great archaeological displays. The Natural History Museum in Quito is less impressive. The monument on the equator also has an interesing museum. As I remeber that was an add-on to the Exodus package, but with the extra 20USD (or thereabouts).

You recently looked at