Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

finnish dogsledding departing 13 jan 2013

Anonymous
Sat, 01/05/2013 - 13:15

Anyone else going on this trip. I am going with my son on our first Arctic adventure - has anyone been before - what can I expect!!!

Anonymous
Sun, 01/06/2013 - 08:20

Hi,

I'm not on your trip but was fortunate to do CFD one year previous to your departure date and I'm pleased to say you'll have the time of your life, its epic.  The dogs are wonderful, the scenary pristine and not seeing anyone for five days is bliss!!  We didn't get to see the Northern Lights but nobody cared as the real fun is with the dogs and on the sled.

Two pieces of kit I would take that are not mentioned on the list, some wet wipes for washing (very basic conditions) and your own high quality balaclava as the one provided is not very good.  We had temps in the -35 to -40 region out on the lakes (it was -32 at Mounio on our last day) and as you're going at about the same time of year it could well be similar, maybe even two balaclavas!

Have fun!

Lee

Anonymous
Sun, 01/06/2013 - 20:03

Thanks Lee - glad you enjoyed it so much & thanks for the tips.

Phil

Anonymous
Sun, 01/06/2013 - 22:28

Hi Phil,

I'm also going on this trip - really looking forward to it. Have never done anything like this before. 

Thanks for the tips Lee! Will definitely invest in a couple of balaclavas!

Anonymous
Mon, 01/07/2013 - 14:14

Both Pete & myself look forward to meeting you on this adventure

Anonymous
Thu, 01/10/2013 - 08:15

You're more than welcome for any advice I can give, soooo envious of you lot!

One other thing I thought of that caught out one of our group, the cabins have no electricty and she wasn't able to charge her camera batteries :(

Lee 

Anonymous
Fri, 01/11/2013 - 09:15

Thanks again Lee if think of anything else will contact.

Anonymous
Fri, 01/11/2013 - 19:27

Hi

Really looking forward to joining this trip on Sunday! Never been anywhere so cold, so worrying I am not packing the right stuff!

Tracey 

Anonymous
Fri, 01/11/2013 - 21:04

plenty of layers !! it will be great & we will all look after each other

You recently looked at