Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Family Finnish Winter Adventure March 2010

Anonymous
Sun, 01/10/2010 - 12:32

Hi. We are off to Finland on March 28th and would love to chat to anyone else going on this trip. It will be our children's first trip abroad.

Anonymous
Sat, 02/06/2010 - 07:35

Hello there. We are aslo off to Finland in March 2010. My partner and I havea ten year old daughter Nadine, who will be celebrating her 11th birthday whilst away. It is our third time abraod with Nadine but the first time in real snow. We are all very excited about the trip and we look forward to meeting new friends and having some great times,  How old are your children? Lynn, David and Nadine, Poole Dorset.

Anonymous
Thu, 02/18/2010 - 20:51

Hi Lynn, David and Nadine.

Lovely to hear from you. We too are very excited about our holiday,won't be long now. Katie is 8 and Ben is 6. We went to the Snow Dome in Tamworth last week to give the kids a taster of skiing. I've not been skiing for 14 years and Andy has never skied so should be interesting! Katie and Ben have never been abroad or flown before so they will have plenty of new experiences! Are you flying from Heathrow?

Nadine should have a very memorable birthday. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Julie, Andy, Katie and Ben 

Anonymous
Fri, 02/26/2010 - 20:45

Hi Julie, Andy, Katie and Ben,

yes we will be flying from Heathrow.  We have booked the night before at a hotel, so we won't be pushed for time in the morning and we should all be able to get a decent nights sleep.

Nadine still doesn't know she's going, it's going to a BIG surprise for her.

Reading some of the notes and blogs of previous trippers, we are planning on taking some hot chocolate with us for Dee.  As for skiing, I have little balance and after only going once during a school trip, wasn't very good, so skiing should be comical.  Lynn has tried it but doesn't like it and we plan to take Dee to a dry slope to try it out for the day, just to give her a chance to experience it before the holiday.

4 weeks to go and counting.  Chat soon.

David, Lynn and Nadine

Anonymous
Sun, 03/14/2010 - 22:19

Hi David, Lynne and Nadine

Less than 2 weeks to go now.We're all very excited and have bought our hot chocolate, cuppa soup and cereal bars! We are staying with Andy's brother the night before and he will drop us off at Heathrow. The kids are very excited about flying as it will be a new experience for them. We also watched Joanna Lumley and the Northern Lights a couple of weeks ago so are keeping our fingers crossed for some clear nights.

Looking forward to meeting you.

See you soon

best wishes

Julie, Andy,Katie and Ben

Anonymous
Wed, 03/17/2010 - 19:41

Hello there! we are geting excited tooo! it doesnt seem possible that we will visit a country with so much snow after the last few days with such a lovely spring feel about it! We have also bought hot chocolate soups and snacks and of course easter eggs from the easter bunny and nadines birthday cake which is small but perfectly formed! We keep looking at the ideas about packing and we really are keeping our cases light and have taken the advice to wear all the clothing that will be provided. We are looking forward to having fun in the snow and having a go at everything! We also hope to see the northern lights and we have also watched joanna lumleys snow adventure. we will be staying at premier inn on the sat night ready to gooo! we look forward to meeting you all until then take care and enjoy the build up which is all part of the fun xx

love lynn david and nadine xx

Anonymous
Thu, 03/18/2010 - 19:22

Hello Katie,

Nadine doesn't know yet, that's she's going to Finland.  We wanted to make it a BIG surprise for her.

Are you looking forward to going, with all the snow?

Lynn xx

Anonymous
Sat, 03/20/2010 - 13:48

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very excited about the snow and all the activities. Are you going to tell Nadine on the day or in a few days?

Love

Katie

Anonymous
Fri, 03/26/2010 - 11:45

Well Katie,

we can't keep it a secret any longer and are going to tell Nadine tonight when she gets in from school.

We all look forward to meeting you all.

Lynn David and Nadine xx

Anonymous
Fri, 03/26/2010 - 16:24

Hello! Kaite! im soooooooooooooooo looking ford to be meeting you! im aged 10 years old and im going to be 11 on that week! when is your birthday? i heared that you are 8 years old and your brother is 6 years old. im in the guides it is a place just for girls you get to make new friends and go capping and you need to get diffrent types of bages. im going on a advenchor camp got to go and pack my clothes so see you sunday!

Anonymous
Fri, 03/26/2010 - 17:12

I know about guides because I am in brownies and I know where i am gong to guides my birthday is on the 30th of july Iam just about to go to brownies . see you there.

love Katie

Anonymous
Fri, 03/26/2010 - 17:21

Hi Lynne, David and Nadine

We are all really excited now! Just starting to pack. Have a safe journey to Heathrow and we look forward to meeting you. We will look out for you at Heathrow. Katie has a dark pinkand brown jacket and I have red hair ( Katie says its orange!) and a bright blue jacket so do come and say hello if you spot us!

See you soon

Julie, Andy,Katie and Ben x

Anonymous
Fri, 03/26/2010 - 17:21

Hi Lynne, David and Nadine

We are all really excited now! Just starting to pack. Have a safe journey to Heathrow and we look forward to meeting you. We will look out for you at Heathrow. Katie has a dark pinkand brown jacket and I have red hair ( Katie says its orange!) and a bright blue jacket so do come and say hello if you spot us!

See you soon

Julie, Andy,Katie and Ben x

Anonymous
Sat, 03/27/2010 - 11:07

can`t wait till tomorrow

see you soon

Katie 

You recently looked at