Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Everest Base Camp Departing 17.10.2010

Anonymous
Thu, 04/08/2010 - 22:12

Hello

Anyone out there travelling to Everest Base Camp departing Sunday 17.10.2010. I am travelling solo so would be good to chew the fat with any fellow travellers!

Anonymous
Tue, 04/20/2010 - 10:12

Hi, yes me and friend booked on this yesterday - really looking forward to it! Some friends have done a similar trip and loved it.

Gill

Anonymous
Sun, 08/29/2010 - 13:50

Hi All

Anyone else on the Everest Base Camp trip ? I'm booked on with Gill (hey roomie) there must be more of you out there. Anything specific people are looking forward to or dreading ?

I'm looking forward to the moutain views but a little nervous about fitness levels.

Becky

Anonymous
Mon, 08/30/2010 - 18:44

Hello Gill and Becky

Looks like just the three of us...there must be others

I can't wait for the off but I am dreading catching the Khumbu two step and then there is the altitude!

I will be well supplied with chlorine tablets that will be used in all my water ..boiled or not

I have been to the top of Kilimanjaro but that was a real struggle

Anonymous
Tue, 08/31/2010 - 21:05

Hi Mozza

I've been to Kili too (some years ago now) I don't think we go as high but we are at altitude for longer. I'm hoping the extra days will help us get use to the hight. A little worried about fittness now we are getting closer, I've been going to the gym a couple of times a week and now swimming too. Have you done much prep ?

Anonymous
Tue, 08/31/2010 - 23:53

... no not really. I go for walks in the N York Moors most weekends and I cycle or walk to work most days so my routine is fairly active anyway. I don't think that  the effects of altitude is lessened the fitter you are anyway. What I have done is spend a lot of money preparing for the holiday on gear. I said to myself no no absolutely no you have enough gear there is no need to buy anything else...the holiday has cost enough. It hasn't worked. I'm now looking at watches with altimeters on em....hopeless

You recently looked at