Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Discover Ethiopia 10th October 2010

Anonymous
Fri, 07/23/2010 - 21:25

Would like to hear from any of my fellow travellers - or anyone who has done the trip before.  This is my first Exodus trip and I am really looking forward to it!

Anonymous
Mon, 08/23/2010 - 21:23

Hi Rosie

I did this trip in 2007 and it was fab. Great group of people & the guide was excellent. I would advise taking some snacks (cereal bars) as the Jamie Oliver treatment hasn't quite reached Ethiopia yet - lots of very overdone pasta in the hotels, but I would recommend trying the local dishes as they were much better. I think we all had the odd bout of dodgy stomach, but nothing imodium and starving yourself for 24 hours didn't sort. You can buy bottled water, lemonade everywhere.

Lalibela is gorgeous. Ask your guide to point you in the direction of the artist who runs a little studio there. I've got one of his pictures framed on the wall opposite me & it still reminds me of a great trip. Lots of memory / batteries for the camera needed.

Have fun!

Anonymous
Fri, 08/27/2010 - 13:41

Hi Rosie,

I am also going on this trip and really looking forward to it. It's also my first Exodus trip. I've been lucky enough to visit various parts of Africa in the past but never been to Ethiopia. I'm sure we will have a brilliant trip.

Anonymous
Fri, 08/27/2010 - 20:30

Sarah, what did you do about Malaria?  I had quite a bad reaction last time I took the tablets.

Rosie

Anonymous
Sat, 08/28/2010 - 14:56

Hi Rosie

I did take tablets - larium - but I've had them on a number of Africa trips before and apart from some very vivid dreams I'm not too bad on them. It was a bit hit and miss with my local GP's surgery as to whether or not I should be taking them as not needed in all areas of Ethiopia, but I preferred to go with than without. Would have liked the cholera jab as it is supposed to protect against stomach upsets, but couldn't get it at that surgery.

I was a bit of a pincushion before this trip is memory serves me right - don't you need yellow fever as well?

Worth the pain!

Sarah

Anonymous
Fri, 09/10/2010 - 02:25

Hi!  I'm from Canada and will be joining you on the plane in London!  This is going to be my first trip with Exodus but not the first to Africa- have been to Morocco, Egypt and Kenya.  Really looking forward to the trip and especially Lalibela.  Also looking forward to meeting my fellow travellers - that's always a lot of fun!!

Anonymous
Fri, 09/10/2010 - 20:53

Thanks for getting in touch, looking forward to meeting you, it won't be long now.....now where's that rucksack???

Rosemary 

Anonymous

I will arrive at the Ghion Hotel a little after noon on October 10 and leave ADD at 7:35PM on October 25. Anyone for a walk around town on either date?

Ron

Anonymous
Sat, 09/25/2010 - 13:03

My son and daughter in law went to Ethiopia in September and had a fantastic time. Their only additional advice was to protect against human flies. It was particularly bad in the churches were there were carpets on the floor. Check that your insect repellent will work against human flies. Really excited about the trip, which is my first with Exodus.

Dougie

Anonymous
Sun, 09/26/2010 - 20:18

Hi Ron

I'll be arriving in Addis on 9 October and staying until 7 November. I'm booked on the TYE Simien Mountains Trek - but have no fix plans for the rest of my stay. I'll be staying before and after the trip at M N International Hotel, Haile Gebreselassie Avenue (00252 11 6620831).
Sure would be great to meet for a walk around town.

Till soon
Best regards
Claudia

Anonymous
Mon, 09/27/2010 - 04:38

Claudia: I'm jealous of your Simien Mountains trek!

I gather than the Ghion isn't much of a hotel, but it seems to be closer to tourist sites than the MN International. I'm on Emirates 723 from DXB, arriving on 10/10/10 at 11:30AM. I don't know how long it will take to get my visa and then get to the hotel. Let's meet at the Ghion around 1:15PM. The Ghion is on Ras Desta Damtew Street (near Meskal Square) and its phone number is +251-1-51 3222. Since you'll arrive a day before me, I'm counting on you knowing where to go for lunch. I can be reached at ronaldglantz@gmail.com.

Ron

Anonymous
Mon, 10/04/2010 - 13:12

Hi Ron
Good plan - see you at Ghion's at around 1.15pm.
Have a safe trip and best regards
Claudia

Anonymous
Mon, 10/04/2010 - 14:44

So that we don't duplicate the Exodus-led tours of Addis. I propose going to the Mercato then walking back, possibly seeing St. George's Cathedral, Haile Selassie's Grand Palace, Menelik II square, etc.

You know what I look like, but I don't know how to identify you, so I'm counting on your either seeing me when I check in (if I don't get to the hotel before 1:15PM) or calling my room when you arrive.

Ron

Anonymous
Wed, 10/06/2010 - 17:50

Hi, gang -

Thought I was joining you guys in London for the flight to Addis, but I am going through Rome! I arrive in Addis on Sunday night at 7, so who knows when I will get to the hotel. But maybe some of you early birds like me might want to meet at the hotel for a drink that night - if the hotel has a bar!!

Looking forward to meeting you all and starting this grand adventure!!

Wendy

Anonymous
Fri, 10/08/2010 - 07:41

Hi
Ron: No problem - I'll make sure to wait in the lobby and to tell the person your hotel's check in that I'm waiting for you. I'm sure we'll meet eventually ;-)
Wendy: Are you also staying at the Exodus hotel M N International? If so, it be great to meet for a drink on Sunday evening. If there is no bar, I might leave a message to tell you what other place I'll be at.
To all: Have a safe travel to Ethiopia.
Cheers
Claudia

You recently looked at