Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Cycling Cuba, departing 17th October 2010

Anonymous
Tue, 09/07/2010 - 19:34

Is anyone going on this trip?  If so, it would be lovely to hear from you.

Anonymous
Sun, 09/19/2010 - 17:31

Hi Kay and Niel, I'm also on this trip. This will be my 3rd cycling trip with Exodus - others were Croatia in 2007 and Vietnam last year which were both amazing, but I'm really looking forward to visiting Cuba as it's been on my wish list for a long time. I can't believe it's only 4 weeks away! How are the preparations going for you both??

Orla

Anonymous
Sun, 09/19/2010 - 22:20

Hi Niel and Orla

Thanks for the responses and phew, glad I won't be on my own!  This is my 'maiden' cycling trip with Exodus, however, training has been going well .. I've done lots of cycling on a regular basis since February of this year so feel fit enough, although slightly nervous of the hurricane season in Cuba!!  I can't believe it's only 4 weeks away either and beginning to think about what to pack.  Very much looking forward to meeting you.  Since both of you have previously done a cycling trip(s) with Exodus, what one golden tip would you give me?

Best wishes,

Lou

Anonymous
Mon, 09/20/2010 - 11:55

Kay 

My golden tip is get a camel backpack or similar – they come in all shapes and sizes, depending if you want to carry anything with you other than water. It means that you can drink while you ride without having to stop…..  

Hi Orla

It sounds like you are the experianced one - I must admit that I really wanted to visit Cuba before Catro departs stage left (or possibly right after his interview recently saying communism has failed). I think he should survive for the next few weeks at least.

Niel    

Sat, 09/25/2010 - 22:06

Hi guys,

Nice to meet other people on the trip. Like yourselves I am looking forward to the trip as Cuba has been on my list for sometime and I wanted to visit the country before Castro dies and it all changes.
I have previously been mountain biking in the Canadian Rockies and in Northern Spain but these were some time ago. I have been training for a while now both on my bike and down the gym.
Definatley recommend a camelbak, one of the best investments I have made.
Now just to work out what to pack!

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Phil

You recently looked at