Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Clothing suggestions for TPD119 in May - Inca Trail, Lake Titicaca & Nazca

Anonymous
Tue, 03/08/2011 - 11:31

Hi there

Im going on this trip in May for our honeymoon! I was just wondering what clothing people recommend taking because Im not sure what the climate will be, especially when we're at altitude. Im guessing long trousers or cut offs and t shirts and then layers for the evenings?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jo

Fri, 03/18/2011 - 15:36

Hi Jo,

May is generally a dry month in the Andes, and daytime temperatures are often in the high teens or low twenties, so it's a good idea to take short-sleeved tops but carry a fleece or jumper during the daytime. It may be warm enough to wear shorts, but I'd usually advise long trousers as it never gets so hot that they would be uncomfortable. During the dry season, temperatures drop significantly and rapidly at night, so layers are definitely a good idea, and you will need a warm hat and gloves too. First time visitors are often caught out by the temperature difference, so if you're going to be out during the day and not returning to your hotel before it gets dark I'd strongly recommend carrying extra layers with you.

You'll also need to pack for the desert and the coast - the desert can get pretty hot, but there is a coastal mist which may make the area around Paracas and Lima damp and quite cool. 

Happy packing!

Tim (Exodus Peru trip manager)

You recently looked at