Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

Base Camp Everest- 30th November 2012

Anonymous
Mon, 07/09/2012 - 18:56

Hi there

just wondering who else is booked on this trip? We are getting excited and training on the Cornish coast path!

Carol and Ian 

Anonymous
Mon, 08/06/2012 - 14:41

Hello Carol and Ian,

I hope to join you with my neighbour and as we are both c.70 we would be happier if you didn't train too hard. We are off to Snowdon in September to give ourselves a test and see how fit we are. We both go to a gym and walk regularly but it seems to be impossible to regain the old fitness.

We live in Hertfordshire do you live in Cornwall or are you just there for training?

Have you treked with Exodus before? this my first time. I'm just trying to empy my bucket of things I've always wanted to do.

Keep in touch,

Kernel Gordon

Anonymous
Tue, 08/07/2012 - 20:24

Hello, Good to hear from you and good luck for your walking in Snowdonia. Hope the weather's better than when we were there in June. Winds of 60mph and no view from the summit  but were blessed with fine views on anothe day! We dont't have much time to train so try to walk/cycle at weekends as we don't belong to a gym!! Watching the olympics is keeping us in at the moment!!

We live in Truro , cornwall so some coastal paths nearby are tough. It'll be our first trek too. My parents went on similar route with exodus in their 60's and enjoyed.

Look forward to hearing how you're getting on 

Carol and Ian 

Anonymous
Sat, 08/25/2012 - 16:59

Hello Carol and Ian, It was nice to hear from you.

Ray and I had a 14 mile walk on Thursday and it came easier than the same walk a couple of months ago so we must be doing something right. We still needed the bottle of wine and pub lunch before we faced the final 4 miles home though.

My wife, Jackie, and I are spending a few days at The Nare, Carne Beach in a couple of weeks, just from 7th to 12th Sept. so I'll be able try some of your coastal path. Unfortunately, as Jackie can no longer walk far I'll have to walk alone and keep my walks short, but I would appreciate some tips on nearby challenging stretches as i hope to get out a couple of times.

Hope you both keep well and looking forward to meeting up in November, but keep in touch.

Gordon

Anonymous
Sun, 08/26/2012 - 00:22

hi gordon im on this trek, myself carol and ian have been chatting on my post with the heading "hi" it has the departure date wrong it has 30 nov 2013. im not far away from you im in essex its a shame we havent got mountains near us to train on lol. i was in the brecon beacons last week which was harder than i'd hoped im either going back there or snowdon late in september im thinking about going up snowdon on the Llanberis path, its hard to know just how fit you have to be.

have you got all your kit yet or hiring it from exodus

gary

Anonymous
Thu, 08/30/2012 - 16:43

Hello Gary, I'm hiring the kit bag and sleeping bag, I think I've got everything else but some of it is old and wouldn't pass a fashion test, but it's servicable. We are also going to Snowdon and I think the pyg track or llanberis pass are the most suitable, unless the weather is clear then the pinnacles and complete the horseshoe would be better. There aren't even many hills in Essex are there? I'm working on the principle that I will need to be as fit as possible as I've probably got an age handicap.

good to hear from you

Gordon

Anonymous
Thu, 09/06/2012 - 22:59

Hi

Sorry for the delay and hope you get message before you go. the coast path from Nare Head is strenuous/moderate but managable !! just means they'll be styles / steps and steeper paths.. Lpovely bit of the coast and looks like weather is good. Shame we're busy at weekend and working in the week  but we could come over and meet you for a drink one evening. my mobile is 07749039205.

Enjoy

Carol and Ian 

Anonymous
Mon, 10/01/2012 - 20:23

Hi Gary and Gordan

What sad and tragic news on Friday. It has made us worry even more but think we'll still go. Are you still planning on going to Brecon Gary or have you already been? If so, when are you thinking of going?. We're still coastal walking when we can!!! Did you manage to get out on coast path Gordon when you came down?

Keep in touch 

Carol/ Ian 

Anonymous
Wed, 10/17/2012 - 16:31

Hi everyone

I'm from Dublin and will be joining you all for the trip.  Like everyone else I am hoping to be fit enough and wondering how fit that is and whether I am anywhere near it!  Looking forward to meeting you all.  

Anne

Anonymous
Mon, 10/22/2012 - 11:45

Thanks for your help JohnU

Anonymous
Mon, 11/26/2012 - 21:33

Hi everyone

Yippee is right! It's feeling real now! Looking forward to meeting you too Julie and Gary.

The packing challenge is in progress.  See you all at the weekend!

Anne 

You recently looked at