Skip to main content
Find your perfect adventure

Find your adventure

search-wrapper

AYU Gorillas & Masai Mara Departing Friday 15th October 2010 from London Heathrow

Anonymous
Thu, 07/01/2010 - 22:37

Hello

It would be great to hear from fellow travellers on this particular trip.  I'm travelling solo and really looking forward to meeting the rest of the group.

October will soon be here.

Regards

Andrew

Anonymous
Thu, 10/07/2010 - 17:43

Hi Alison and Swabo. It's beginning to look like it, isn't it! But 12 sounds like a good number, and it will be great to meet everybody either at Heathrow or at the other end. The two groups may even bump into each other somewhere in the middle, and it would be fun to compare notes and share tips if that happens. Looking forward to meeting eveybody soon, somewhere or another! Jo

Anonymous
Sun, 10/10/2010 - 22:34

5 days and counting......... I keep thinking I have forgotten certain things..see you all soon

Anonymous
Mon, 10/11/2010 - 20:38

Hello all...

Not Long now...Friday is going to be here before we know it.

Pretty much packed and ready now.

I have some information to share with you from a kind friend who has been on this trip and absolutely loved it. Thanks Russell, You've been brilliant. Here goes:

Travel towel.. take a large microfibre towel which packs neatly in its own little bag...I bought ont today much better than taking my usual bath towel which would be heavy and take up valuable space. They are by Lifeventure.

No need to take a mozzie net, just good repellent.

Take a good quality head torch

Good amounts of hand gel cleanser. You do stop at towns with supermarkets so any toiletries n stuff you forget you can buy.

There are plugs on the truck to charge phones n batteries etc.

Good sunglasses, preferably wrap around or large lens type, helps keep out wind n dust when travelling in back of truck.

Take a good hat or cap

Don't forget imodium , ant-acids, and laxitives to cover all dietry probs, however the food was good n fresh.

See you all at Heathrow...standard or reverse itinerary...

Andrew

Anonymous
Mon, 10/11/2010 - 21:32

Hi Andrew, Many thanks both to you and to Russell for all this information. I think I've got everything now, and I've had a trial pack to make sure I can get it all in! Good to know that there are opportunities to shop along the way if anything has been forgotten. I'm travelling down from Scotland on Thurday and staying over with my brother that night so I should be at Heathrow in plenty of time time for the Friday flight. See you all there. Best, Jo

Anonymous
Tue, 10/12/2010 - 20:45

Thanks for all the information Andrew. I too did a trial pack at the weekend Jo. I'm way under the weight limit, but it all seems quite bulky. If only I could wear my sleeping bag on the plane and I'd have loads more room!! Look forward to meeting you all on friday. Not long now. Alison

Anonymous

Alison and Matt

I didn't manage to get your contact details at the airport. I guess you are both on Facebook? Please look me up Andrew To, in Leeds.

Cheers

Andrew

Pages

You recently looked at